car wont start...

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
check your power wires, start at the battery connections and look for green corrosion due to the infamous delco side terminal acid leaks...the acid wicks its way downt he cables and corrodes them from the inside out, though you mention there's no click at all?, maybe a bad ign switch, p/n switch (shift into neutral before starting or move shifter around while holding the key to the crank position) to a bad fuse on one of the primary ign power circuits...all your dash lights turn on in the run position and then they go out when you go to the crank position right? should be the yellow or purple wire from the ign switch that goes to the starter solenoid, 97+ no longer have the circuit routed through the range switch, but it is still part of the primary side of the stater interlock/enable system

Kbrown

Regular
Aug 18, 2009
Huntley, IL
what do you mean you "tested" the starter.... i had the EXACT same symptoms with my company buick lasaber recently, we had one guy crank the car over while another tapped on the starter and it fired right up..... they changed both the battery and the starter and i havent had the problem since...the other thing is the ign switch which is a BITCH on these cars... again, same symptom, different cause though. i had to do that on my grand prix not to long ago....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info