Stupid 1.9 Rocker Question

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
This is probably a really STUPID question, but here goes.

I want to get my Intense 1.9 rockers installed by the 12th for the W-Body meet at Great Lakes. My car is currently running, but do I need to get rocker pedistals?

Just an FYI, but I bought these from Joe (GraFFix) on here in late '08/early '09. Also, when these go on, I also have a set of 105# springs and Titanium Retainers togo with.

(...BUT the Headers are coated and on the car!!!...)

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Thank's Kevin, Fish and Tommy. I wasn't sure when I was talking to ZZP yesterday on what I needed. Unfortunately, :tear: I couldn't find either a rocker install kit OR rocker gaskets on the W-Body Store website. Otherwise, I would have gone with our sponsor.

If you are in a pinch, I have re-useable rocker bolts, and can mod your stock pedistals for you. As far as a rocker "install" kit, all you really need are valve cover gaskets, and possibly coolant elbows (just in case).

If you haven't yet done it, I would replace the LIM gaskets...it adds to the job, but the stockers are shot around 60K. You might as well replace them while you are at it to save from taking crap apart again to do it.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
If you haven't yet done it, I would replace the LIM gaskets...it adds to the job, but the stockers are shot around 60K. You might as well replace them while you are at it to save from taking crap apart again to do it.

Make sure you get the metal version of the LIM gaskets. (I'm not sure if the plastic ones are even available anymore.)

DOC-Z

Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
If you are in a pinch, I have re-useable rocker bolts, and can mod your stock pedistals for you. As far as a rocker "install" kit, all you really need are valve cover gaskets, and possibly coolant elbows (just in case).

Make sure you get the metal version of the LIM gaskets. (I'm not sure if the plastic ones are even available anymore.)

I still have a Phenolic Spacer, Ported Gen 3 & Ported LIM I have to put on as well (with a dry 75 shot Nitrous Kit and Edelbrock Progressive Nitrous Tuner). I figured I'd get to those gaskets when I have the top end off and have my time budgeted better.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
:fu:....do I have to take the head OFF to replace the Springs and retainers?

You need a air compressor fitting for the spark plug hole to pump the cyl up, and keep the valve from falling. Then you can safely remove the spring. They make a tool for that, but I made my own...IIRC you can rent the tool at AZ or the like.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
I just sent you a PM and are you sure they weren't inside the box? I wouldnt of separated the pedestals from the rockers and I know when i took them off the car everything went right inside the box.
I was just going through old parts I still have like 2 weeks ago and didnt come across them either. I know they didnt go with the car cause I even pulled the heads off before I sold it. So either you have them or I do...let me know. If you for sure dont have them Ill go digging in my bins again.

DOC-Z

Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
when you go to take off the top end- let me know doc z- i will crank it out with you and devin quick.

ive done it enough times on my car, let alone 8-10+ other cars where I feel as if though I can basically do it in my sleep.

O.K. then. I WILL be giving you a call. I have 105 #'ers and a set of titanium retainers (as posted earlier)

I just sent you a PM and are you sure they weren't inside the box?.../ /...So either you have them or I do...let me know. If you for sure dont have them Ill go digging in my bins again.

Joe, I'm sure I have them. I'll have to dust off the box and actually open it.

wbody meet? wat?

It's going to be on 6/12 at Great lakes:

LINK -->[/COLOR] http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42478

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info