hittin the MAF Hz limit while tuning

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am trying to dial in my tune on my car and I seem to be hitting a problem. I have the LS1 MAF on my car and the Hz level in the MAF tables stops at 15000. I have a 3.0 pulley on a gen V and my Hz level is showing over 15000. My wideband is showing my car hittin a pretty damn lean 12.5 at the end of my rpm band. What do I need to do to correct this? Scale down the MAF? I wouldn't think that I would be hitting this limit. Thanks for the help.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Well after cleaning out the MAF and hooking everything back up my car is no longer maxing the MAF out. Not sure what the problem was. After tuning some for the first time ever today, I got my car pretty much dialed in. 11.7 afr at wot, cruising ful trims are within 5 for the most part. Still need just a bit of work on cruising, but other than that car took the 2.8 pulley fine. Motor currently runs 13-15 psi. No kr until there gets heat soak

MAF tables max out at 12500, I was mistaken earlier. Currently I am hitting 10300.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Those 3.4 cars probably hit 10700 on a stock maf though, huge difference in comparison. Just sayin... My car def hit 10800 on a 3.4 setup, then barely touched 10000 with the lq4. Now well modded it'll touch the 11400 area with a 3.0 in 2nd gear :noes: the 2.8 was maxing it out at 5000rpm in 1st.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
buncha junkboxes.

man those piston to valve clearances must be tiiight on your car. 1.8s and an S1x...

Yeah, this is actually something I had been wanting to do for a while since I saw I think it was Scotts Bonne from intense with the same set up Plus an IC hittin low 12s. I had the heads machined so that there would be enough clearance for the 1.8. In all reality I still have some room to play but the 1.9rr would have been too much imo.

The combo is kinda unique as well, not a lot of people run this same set-up, they just switch to a bigger cam. Whoch with having a unique sleeper, I thought I would keep that goin. Really, I am not sure what combo would make more power, but after getting my car tuned up the motor is responding well. On my scan last night with the 2.8 pulley, I went from 0-110 in 12.23 seconds....that is a lot quicker than what I used to run before tuning. My car rips up on the top end. Could be due to those 1.8rr

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yup, your right double d...getting my car to hit the times it should be has been a constant struggle...now that I worked the nuts up to tune my own car...should get me there I hope. I just have that good feeling I will hit 12s next track appearance now! That has always been my goal in street trim. My goal with tires and even more tuning would be low 12s...we will see now that I can tune

To whoever cares, e85 ran better for me at like a 11.3 afr...quenched a bit of high rpm kr.

Oh yeah, re-check hz levels...hittin about 10900

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Yup, your right double d...getting my car to hit the times it should be has been a constant struggle...now that I worked the nuts up to tune my own car...should get me there I hope. I just have that good feeling I will hit 12s next track appearance now! That has always been my goal in street trim. My goal with tires and even more tuning would be low 12s...we will see now that I can tune

To whoever cares, e85 ran better for me at like a 11.3 afr...quenched a bit of high rpm kr.

Oh yeah, re-check hz levels...hittin about 10900

yeah... always with what it should run. :fu:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Haha, no shit with the "I should be running..." I feel like that is my cars slogan. Last time at the rack I was knockin on 12s door runnin a 10.8 afr and only a 3.0 pulley. With the 2.8 and a bit leaner...car is just running sronger...I mean with my scans before I would do 0-105ish in 13. I triplwe checked last night and 0-110 in 12.2....way quicker

Yeah, I must have the lq4 maf..I dunno why I forgot. Switching the car to e85 was crucial...want to do alky soon to. It wil keep me from having to go with the IC and I will be able to run sub 2.8 pulleys. I enjoy being non-ic. Less expensive, one less thing to worry about and it makes me feel like more of a rebel

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Haha, no shit with the "I should be running..." I feel like that is my cars slogan. Last time at the rack I was knockin on 12s door runnin a 10.8 afr and only a 3.0 pulley. With the 2.8 and a bit leaner...car is just running sronger...I mean with my scans before I would do 0-105ish in 13. I triplwe checked last night and 0-110 in 12.2....way quicker

Yeah, I must have the lq4 maf..I dunno why I forgot. Switching the car to e85 was crucial...want to do alky soon to. It wil keep me from having to go with the IC and I will be able to run sub 2.8 pulleys. I enjoy being non-ic. Less expensive, one less thing to worry about and it makes me feel like more of a rebel

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I don't believe this is your story as you've already said you run a richer AFR to help quench the higher rpm kr, thus meaning your pulley is much too small. This gives me the idea that running an even smaller pulley with less timing is just going to make your car slower. Just sayin man... but i have better luck with my 3.0 than the 2.8. The 2.8 clearly had much more low end power but up top i think the 3.0 would take the cake.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info