Anyone good with AC units?

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
The AC in my car is not pumping out cold air anymore. Just wondering who here has worked on the AC or knows anything about AC for these cars, and maybe you can take a look at mine sometime? 1999 Buick Regal GS.

Normally I don't even use the AC, but trying to talk on the phone with the windows down is a no go, and with the windows up I about died yesterday lol.

Thanks guys!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
squirt in dyed r134 and grab a cheepo uv light/glasses kit (harbor freight may be cheeper than and auto parts places) and check it every few days in the evening, youll probably find the leak or the leak will be on the evaporator.

you may have gradually lost freon over time and just now you dropped below the low pressure switch threshold

TraptPatriot

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Hammond
squirt in dyed r134 and grab a cheepo uv light/glasses kit (harbor freight may be cheeper than and auto parts places) and check it every few days in the evening, youll probably find the leak or the leak will be on the evaporator.

you may have gradually lost freon over time and just now you dropped below the low pressure switch threshold

Where do I spurt it in at? I know absolutely nothing about the AC unit on these cars. Hell, on any car for that matter.

how dare jew!

throw a can of refrig in it and see if it holds is what id do.... i deleted my ac cuz my condenser had a massive leak and was in the way of my go fast parts anyway.

Hehehehe!

And I have to have AC, I'm not really taking this car far performance wise... The car is bad enough with leather seats in the summer.. Plus, I'll be moving to FL before the fall, so I would like to have AC for the drive. Hahaha...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info