Dyno Tune

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
You really need to learn to use the powertuner. At least the scanner so you can see what the car is doing and if you really even need adjustments and where. I cant believe you are driving around on a 2.8 pulley and don't scan the car. I does not take much to hook up the scanner to the car and say hey look my trims are locking in at +4 at WOT, im getting only 12 deg of timing because im knocking 3 deg and my O2's are lean, etc. My car needs work. Im not trying to sound like a dick, just selling the honest truth. Im sure Vogel put a safe ass tune on the car because you wanted to run that pulley, but I will guarantee you it is not as "close" as they day he did it. Tuning is NOT a one time thing. That's why I think Dyno tunes are bullshit. With that said I think the best option for you is to PULLEY UP and find a local member to tune the car after all the issues are fixed, and have him update it every few months. Someone with experience, NOT a LSx (etc) shop, they probably arnt responding to the emails because they wouldn't even know wtf todo with a GTP.

If you are set on wanting a dyno tune I think ZZP is the ONLY place that would/could do it. Its not that far away either, probably a 3 hour drive. Drive to said establishment, pay $500, and drive away with a slow car.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Tuning is NOT a one time thing. That's why I think Dyno tunes are bullshit. With that said I think the best option for you is to PULLEY UP and find a local member to tune the car after all the issues are fixed, and have him update it every few months. Someone with experience, NOT a LSx (etc) shop, they probably arnt responding to the emails because they wouldn't even know wtf todo with a GTP.

QFT

im not saying any of our vendors dont know what they are doing, but would you go to the dentist for a broken leg? it has been proven time and time again, to make the most hp, safely, you're better off having someone who know their way around a 3800 both mechanically and pcm-wise. im sure 10secsomday would schedule something with you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info