Turbo "?'s"

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
starting off with a z7 kit running the old 54mm turbo with a TR10 ic.

i am wanting to run E85 so i was trying to figure out which pump and injectors are best.

is the zzp 350 pump and a set of 60 or 65# injectors efficient? i already have a alt. rewire and will get the fuel pump rewire, what else is required?

With the wastegate can I just run a open dump tube or
does it have to be routed into the exhaust?

What tuning/tables need to be modified to get the car up and running?

Should I go with a cheap mechanical boost controller or electric?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You might be fine with fp rewire, you won't know til you start pushing the boost and keeping an eye on the duty cycle. If you do end up getting a pump, get the PRJ pump, fuck zzp. Injectors... I would get 60's for now, that should be enough for a while, or about 350whp.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
To answer the other questions; you can run the wastegate either way. Running it seperate will most likely make more power but it'll be Hella loud. Running it back into the downpipe far down stream will quiet it down but you may lose some hp.

I vote cheap mechanical BC. If you got the $$ then go electric.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
What are your horse power goals? That will determine what injectors and fuel system you will need.

Unless you are running a class that requires a re routed waste gate the choice is yours. I hate the way dump tubes sound personally.

A electronic boost controller is nice when it have ramp rates and such. But a basic manual controller can be effective and simple to use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info