Shifter Question

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
So i just top swapped my car and i was wondering i know that the GTP's have a different shifter with a performance shift mode. Lastnight i noticed as i was turning my car on that i have a boost meter and the performance shift light as i saw them in the correct light and angle. How can i get those to work?

Do i need a GTP shifter? If so, is there a wire or something that needs to get connected for it to work?

Also if it even matters i have the ZZP 1.0 PCM tune since they sent me a pcm with the top swap gasket kit.

el1s7r.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
you have "performance shift" all the time since it was programed into your computer via shitty zzp junk tune. Personally i wouldn't even waste my time hooking it up since all it does is raise shift points. Otherwise you have to drive around for 50-100miles before it actually starts to show changes in shift pressures and whatnot.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
well i just wanted to see how to get the boost thing to work

When you load in a GTP file the boost section will light up ( at least it did on my car, the 2-bar map OS's seem to have that in the code).... for the perf shift, you will need a PCM with it activated, and ground pin 21 on the PCM

:dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info