Top Swapped Finally...

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
Did my top swap and this is the first thing that happened...

So i did the top swap. Took 2 days then i started it and it ran for a little then i got a check engine light for a misfire and 02 code (because some retarded didnt plug the sensor back in) then i started hearing the supercharged start knocking and it was comming from the snout n then i look and it was leaking supercharger oil from the snout right by the pully and it was all over the top of my hood and just a fun mess i have to now deal with...

So good thing i have 2 superchargers.. so me and my buddy changed the snout lastnight and i have a couple questions.. i have no more left over supercharger oil and theres not a dealers really anywhere close to me and i want to be able to drive and have the supercharger connected unlike it is now.. does the oil HAVE to be supercharger oil or can i use regular motor oil? Also how bad of an idea would it be that i just top swapped and the snout i have on now from my other supercharger has a thrasher interchangable pulley system on it (came with 2 different sizes when i bought it) and i didnt have a ruler on me lastnight but it looked to be possibly a 1/4 inch smaller all around then the stock one. Can i safely run that or would it be a bad idea..?

Thanks in advance guys

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
It's $10 for s/c oil and doesn't have to be changed very often at all. Just buy it from sdd or zzp. You think gm spec'd their oil cause they were trying to make money? No they did it because that's what works best.

Just wait till that 10w30 overheats and starts coking all over the inside of your snout. It's a worse smell then s/c oil. You people are idiots.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info