GTP Help

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I pulled my old bumper off because I got my new one today. I for some reason remembered when R.V. Installed all my stuff he said I had some sort of grease-oil all over my sub frame and my fire wall. At first I thought it was the power steering but I have driven many miles and still have it. I had the trans rebuilt so I know it was not that. I started the car and turned the wheel and some fluid dripped on my drive way. Do you guys think it would be the Rack, or what about the diff??

Im at a loss, I dont know what this could be but my oil and trans fluid are both full..

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
just go outside and put your finger in it, walk over to a light source

wait so this just happened now after taking off your front bumper but never before this?

I have put about 625 Miles on the installed parts Ron installed and that was like a year ago. At the time we thought it was trans but when I pulled the bumper off I could see grease so I looked and I could see it all over again. I think if it was the power steering that it would have given out by now..

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
So you dont think its the diff or the Rack??

I havent filled the power steering in over 3 years and it turns fine. Ill check it again tomorrow. I can always have someone in the car to turn the wheel and track it that way and post where its from.

I hope its the steering..

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I jacked it up yesterday and found out where it was leaking. It is coming from the inner boot from the axel. I added a metal clamp to it to see if it would stop it from leaking and so far it has. I know the outter one is my CV, so I think its safe to say I have to get a new rack for my car.. What a let down..

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Wait... so it's leaking from the axle and you're going to buy a p/s rack?

EDITED for wrong word

Its weird, I know this is not my department but I dont think its the axel. Way up by the exhaust theres a rubber caseing and if I squeezed it I could hear air comming out and a little bit of fluid came out aswell. I added a metal clamp and it stopped leaking all together. My friend told me that that means the seal in the rack is bad.. Is this right?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Its weird, I know this is not my department but I dont think its the axel. Way up by the exhaust theres a rubber caseing and if I squeezed it I could hear air comming out and a little bit of fluid came out aswell. I added a metal clamp and it stopped leaking all together. My friend told me that that means the seal in the rack is bad.. Is this right?
It's spelled axle. Please spell it the correct way from now on

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
not a gp.. but it gets the point across.

3.jpg
20ends/3.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info