Annoying Clicking noise

Well I'm confused as hell right now. Now usually a clicking noise would be a bad half shaft but just seems different and I want to know before I replace a half shaft that it is the problem and won't be there after. I can only hear the loud clicking noise AS my car comes to a complete stop. To be specific you know how a car slightly nose dives when you are braking? Well it is as the car comes to a complete stop and the suspension levels out, coming from the left front wheel. As I press in on the brake pedal after my car is stopped you can somewhat hear it again, just quieter. SO I checked out the brakes, caliper wasn't loose, white lithiumed some shit and put it back together. Thought it could be my tie rod, which it was incredibly loose but the noise didn't go away after I fixed it. Does anyone have any other ideas? I just don't think this is an axle issue because it only happens on hot days after driving and braking for a while, and sometimes if I'm in a place where sounds reflects easy I can even hear it as I am still rolling with my brakes on. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get all the details in. Please help me fix this, I'm just so pissed it's finally time to cruise with the windows down and I have to listen to this loud ass clicking :picard: It's so damn annoying..

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
sometimes ive found the pads themselves fit loosely into the pad slides (you can move them up and down)

can you hear the same sound, parked next to a wall with the brakes held (try light/med/hard pedal effort) and shifting from drive to reverse and back repeatedly? (or alternativly have someone rock the car fore/aft while your pressing the brake if engine/trans noise is too loud to discern the click)

Now that you mention it I think I remember hearing it when shifting from drive to park a couple times, but I can't remember.. I'll have to test that out after work though. If that's the case though could that be a bad half shaft? I thought it could be the pads possibly fitting loosely too. They're a little worn too, could probably use some new ones within the next 6 months.

My car had some weird noises from the front end, new axles, wheel hubs, sway bar bushings, control arms fixed it. See if the noise is different when you are going slow around a circle. Try to lube up the horizontal control arm bushing. That solved some wierd issues on Vogels car.

I'll have to try that. It's pretty much just during braking though, going straight. That's why I'm confused. It sounds exactly like a fubar axle shaft, but if it were that I'd be able to hear it when I was turning instead of braking.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
while the cv can cause that clicking cv clicking tends to be at higher angularity and exacerbated by throttle on cornering/turns, you can turn the wheels lock to lock when doing the test, if the volume changes drasticly it may be the cv if it stays the same its probably pads loose on their slide, since your pads are worn pretty far the pad slide ends are probably worn creating larger clearance, btw you can see the pads move in the bracket if you park your car in such a way you can see the pads/pad mount through the rim.

spend a little more and get pads that include the stainless slide clips

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info