2 Questions about my TS

nmskull66

Blowing up one 3800 at a time
May 14, 2009
Elmwood Park
Ive heard people talking about EGR deleting.. Is the point of that just to keep exhaust gas out of the cylinder thats supposed to help cool it but robs horsepower? Also when people do delete it how is it done?

Question two.. I finally got the gaskets and PCM ordered from ZZP lastnight and i was curious.. Are GT pistons different from GTP pistons? and will they like break or F up when i do this top swap?

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
Ive heard people talking about EGR deleting.. Is the point of that just to keep exhaust gas out of the cylinder thats supposed to help cool it but robs horsepower? Also when people do delete it how is it done?

Question two.. I finally got the gaskets and PCM ordered from ZZP lastnight and i was curious.. Are GT pistons different from GTP pistons? and will they like break or F up when i do this top swap?

Eh dont ask me about the egr shit, but the pistons are different, they wont leave the building unless your tune is fucked up..... make sure you scan before getting on it after the swap, the higher compression ratio of the l36 and piston design make it more susceptible to KABOOM if ur shit is out of whack.

(on a side note..... cubs suck. sox ftw.)

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Eh dont ask me about the egr shit, but the pistons are different, they wont leave the building unless your tune is fucked up..... make sure you scan before getting on it after the swap, the higher compression ratio of the l36 and piston design make it more susceptible to KABOOM if ur shit is out of whack.

(on a side note..... cubs suck. sox ftw.)

(on a side note..... didnt the SOX just get swept by my beloved indians?) :fy:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info