need a tune

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
I didnt mean for anybody to take that personally. All I'm saying is that 'tuning' isnt fucking 'magic' or anything. If you can use a personal computer, you can tune your car. If someone tells me that they 'cant,' I vote that they are lazy. I'm not saying I'm not lazy... because I am for christs sake. I'd rather pay the goofball at Jiffy Lube $30 to change my oil than buy the oil and do it myself.

However... tuning... not so much. I'm 250% glad I do my own.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Yeah, not trying to pick a battle but I will say this. IF you know fuel trims and have time to learn then go for it. If not Its a lot of money top spend on something to just clear codes. Some people are NOT lazy they just need more help then a chat over the internet..
Thats all...

Have a nice night..

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Tuning isn't easy, so i wouldn't go around yelling at people because they'd rather have someone experienced do it. I have tuned numerous peoples cars, each one having it's own owner completely happy with the end results. It's not like i go around charging people $500 for a tune, it's affordable and i do it the right way, no 3 pulls on dyno like the almighty zzp. Sometimes it's just not feasible to get a tuner and learn how to use it like some people have, that's not a reason to start freaking out on people (shaferz) these guys are new, they don't know as much as you which gives you no right to start bashing them ya know? Your car hasn't shown up numbers for people to start screaming about, maybe you need a lesson or two in the tuning section? You come quick to judge, remind me of a person on here...

Newbs, find someone local you'd trust to tune your car, or purchase a tuner and ask a local to help you use it. tommy gloves is hands down the PT (powertuner) master, he's the man to talk to with those and there's numerous people around here that know their way around hptuners. It's all here, just have to find it. :dunno:

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Tuning isn't easy, so i wouldn't go around yelling at people because they'd rather have someone experienced do it. I have tuned numerous peoples cars, each one having it's own owner completely happy with the end results. It's not like i go around charging people $500 for a tune, it's affordable and i do it the right way, no 3 pulls on dyno like the almighty zzp. Sometimes it's just not feasible to get a tuner and learn how to use it like some people have, that's not a reason to start freaking out on people (shaferz) these guys are new, they don't know as much as you which gives you no right to start bashing them ya know? Your car hasn't shown up numbers for people to start screaming about, maybe you need a lesson or two in the tuning section? You come quick to judge, remind me of a person on here...

Newbs, find someone local you'd trust to tune your car, or purchase a tuner and ask a local to help you use it. tommy gloves is hands down the PT (powertuner) master, he's the man to talk to with those and there's numerous people around here that know their way around hptuners. It's all here, just have to find it. :dunno:

ummm Shaferz's car runs pretty well and he knows how to work a tuner so I would not talk before you know......just sayin

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I've talked down newbs, i do it all the time, but this time these guys are just asking for help or someone out there to help them. Then mr. pissed off posts like someone punched him in the face. OMG not everyone is as smart as he is, therefore they're all stupid. Let him stand up for himself smuggy, i'll take care of it. :wink:

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Listen Mr. 10 secnever.

Tell me how you know him? Do you go back years or just come across at a track meet? I am really ******d to know now because I would really like to know how he is. lol. I am not going to get into a huge debate on whos e-cock is bigger because I really could not give a fuck but if you want to argue then i do totally agree with shaferz that if you can work a computer you can tune your car. It is not that hard to do.

When I first got my GTX back in the day I got my ass kicked by other older members of the clubs just like these newbs. They will live, you dont have to be there daddy and protect them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info