That's it, I am now COMPLETLY lost

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Cradle is fine. Engine and trans mounts are 10k miles old. Car vibrates like a bitch and sounds horrible at idle, creaks when I begin accelerating or brake suddenly. When you put it in drive/reverse it creaks like hell and the whole engine pulls back and snaps back forward, bringing the tranny and exhaust with it. The engine is offset to the passenger side, not just a little bit either (trying to get the dogbones back on after spark plug swap was NOT fun). I can't figure it out, noone on GPF has any clue, I've had a few friends look at it...nothing, and I even took it to a shop today and they were clueless. But then again they couldn't find my PCV valve either so they were just fuckin retarded. I did go with the cheap ass rockauto mounts, so maybe they collapsed already? I doubt it but you never know I guess. Ugh. It's loud/rough enough now where I don't even want to drive it anymore, if I didn't have to go to work it would be parked. ANY ideas would be appreciated.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
There's always a fix to everything, finding it isn't easy, but there's a solution. My advice for us to help is try and get a picture/vid of all the mounts, if there's any deformation I'm 100% sure james (turbochargedsbcgoofballweirdo) will find it. If we see a vid of the engine moving we also might be able to tell you what mount you might have "missed" or is screwed up, ect. My guess just tossing it out there is the motor mount on the passenger side is either not there, loose, or all smashed up already.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
There's always a fix to everything, finding it isn't easy, but there's a solution. My advice for us to help is try and get a picture/vid of all the mounts, if there's any deformation I'm 100% sure james (turbochargedsbcgoofballweirdo) will find it. If we see a vid of the engine moving we also might be able to tell you what mount you might have "missed" or is screwed up, ect. My guess just tossing it out there is the motor mount on the passenger side is either not there, loose, or all smashed up already.

Alright thanks I'll go outside in a few and grab a video.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info