Houston, we have a problem (Power Steering fliud)

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
Yesterday night I found some clear oily liquid under my car. It has a similar odor to supercharger oil, but only 1/100th the stink. I believe this is power steering fluid, as it's been acting up a little bit.

How hard is this to change in our cars (1999 G/P GTP), and what would you guestimate the amount of time this will take to do?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
My guess is it's the steering rack, which IMO wasn't very hard to change on my car. Took about 2 hours taking our time on a lift.

If it's the pump i know someone that has a used one (ilikebmx) and i also just changed one of those, it was a piece of cake. I had some stuff out of the way cause i was doing my LIM gaskets at the same time but it still would have been pretty easy.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
My guess is it's the steering rack, which IMO wasn't very hard to change on my car. Took about 2 hours taking our time on a lift.

If it's the pump i know someone that has a used one (ilikebmx) and i also just changed one of those, it was a piece of cake. I had some stuff out of the way cause i was doing my LIM gaskets at the same time but it still would have been pretty easy.
Yea biggest headache was getting that bolt back in for the column. Other than that swapping the rack wasn't too bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info