electrically butt fukked

BoostJunki3

Slow M90 Setup
Oct 13, 2009
Plainfield, IL
hey guys my friend has a gtp that is electrically fukked.....his hvac get no power at all most of the time.....sometimes it flickers really fast in and out when the car is first on then dies out....the wires behind the hvac have been cut and wired back together so i checked them all and they are matched correctly....dunno why someone cut it but whats your guys' guess im stumped all fuses are good...anyone know which color wires on the hvac harness supply the power and ground? does the bcm have anything to do with this because his auto/drl lights are all out of wack too....btw multiple hvac have been tried and they all worked in my car....

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Most likely Ignition switch, If you don't wanna spend the money on it, follow the link to clean it, a Bad IS will cause electrical gremlins all over the car as the whole elelectrical system runs through the switch, basically the electrical contacts get carbon deposits and start having bad/intermittent connections

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=20670

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
You have a 45% chnce of breaking the ignition switch when taking it apart.

If you can swing it (they aren't THAT much)...just get a new one.

I have a cleaned up one in my car, and it seems to be getting a little funny again.

I cleaned mine, didn't seem that bad, but I've only done the one, I never even looked up the price, it was free to clean, so that's the better option to me :)

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
i bought a new one.. i was looking at the old one tryin to take it apart just for fun.. and the springs exploded out of the switch everywhere...

there went that idea. just buy a new one from rockauto or somewheres.

Yup, exacty what I mean. If your garage is anything like mine (shit everywhere) those little springs are about near impossible to find when they shoot out!

Plus the contacts are galvanized. Once they are cleaned, they are never the same, and will corrode twice as fast, so it ends up a semi-temperary fix.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i got a call from Al last night....his 04's ignition switch is dead, worked fine till he got home and went to pull the key out and it wouldnt, called me up later after he "got the key out but now it doesnt turn/start and he can see the switch on the back of the tumblers is broken.

knowing al's temperment.....i wonder what happened first lol he was pissed

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
James, mine was doing that. Had a helluva time getting the key out, as it wouldnt actually go completely into OFF, once I did I could get it to turn, after enough finageling for a while I got it to work, and it worked well if you jiggled it right (lol) and all that bullshit. The stealer replaced the ignition switch under warranty when I took it in for other stuff, and the problem came back a couple month later. Did the jiggaling thing and it went away. Who knows with my car though. :fu:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info