01 Bonne SE hard starts and randomly dies

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My girlfriends 2001 Bonne SE is having all sorts of problems. Car doesn't want to start unless they pump the gas pedal (on an EFI car, :picard: I know) and then will randomly die while cruising or idling. Hooked it up to HPT and fuel trims would go to -20 and the O2 would stop oscillating and sit at 22 for periods of time making me believe the car is running stupid rich. When it dies the voltage is still at 14.3. Any ideas? Car has new plugs wires and battery.

Riski

Suck my balls!
Jun 23, 2009
North Aurora
Check the flux capacitor... :dunno:
flux_capacitor.gif

flux-capacitor-schematic.jpg

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Maf sensor.... Hard starts, dieing while running, swap in the one from your car to test, just unplugging it doesn't always work.... (it's free and easy so try it first).. And my bad maf never threw a maf code (threw some lean and rich codes)

Also pull the vac line off the fuel pressure regulator, check for fluid (or a strong gas smell) a cracked diaphragm in the FPR will cause a constant rich.......

Pressing the gas on an EFI car during start up causes a LEAN start command from the pcm... your def getting too much fuel

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Also pull the vac line off the fuel pressure regulator, check for fluid (or a strong gas smell) a cracked diaphragm in the FPR will cause a constant rich.......

Pressing the gas on an EFI car during start up causes a LEAN start command from the pcm... your def getting too much fuel

Pulled the vac line off the FPR this morning, could see and smell gas. Replaced today and all is well. Thanks for the input.

<----This guy was right (for once)!! :bario::bario:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info