ZZP exhaust or ?????

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
So... the GTP I just picked up the exhaust is completely trashed and needs replacing.

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=801&catid=110

This is what I'm thinking about getting in the 3" flavor. The car already has a 3" hi perf cat and piping, so I just need the cat back system.

I don't mind SOME volume, but I don't want it loud or droning.

ZZP claims their setup makes quite a bit more power than stock... so not sure I want to just slap some stock stuff back under there.

Help please? :hsugh:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
yikes, dont bother with that, especially with aluminized for a winter/beater/DD lol

then you step up to SS and you are talking 600

just get another stock catback or buy a used system off clubgp or something like that

you can have an exhaust shop make a custom setup for cheaper with the mufflers you want though iirc

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Damnit. I registered @ CGP, but now it won't let me login... says something about [Administrator Approval Required.]

Gues I'll have to wait for the admin to wake up before I can post to that dude's FS thread. $250 + shipping seems like a decent deal... sure beats $567 :eek4:

http://paceperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=73136

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Get the used GMPP. That's what I have on mine. Before that system I had an aluminized system fabricated by an exhaust shop. It rusted through in less than two years. The GMPP may have some surface rust because it's the lesser stainless, but it won't rust through. It uses magnaflow mufflers.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
If you can get the GMPP setup that would work nicely for your current mods.

As for the stock catback...it has what is typically called u-bend restriction (area behind the cat where the pipe is collapsed alittle to allow the rear o2 to be protected.) that should be replaced.

I don't know that I'd recommend a stock cat back unless it was super cheap...but I would recommend stock mufflers with a good resonator and mendrel piping and better y-pipe before them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info