new car.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 108

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
No but for real... I did finally find a car! :D

The pics are a little grainy cuz my camera doesn't do great night shots when hand held... but hey, at least they're pics.

IMG_0381%7E0.JPG

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0387%7E0.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

It's a 99 with 146k on the clock. Feels pretty solid to me. 3.4 pulley, ZZP PCM/tune, destroyed flowmaster exhaust (will be ordering up the ZZP exhaust tomorrow most likely), its got a CAI, that TB heat shield from MAP, cloth interior and no heads up display. Dude said its got 12" front brakes, that were an option or something. The rotors & calipers barely fit in the wheels. Guess the front wheel bearings haven't been replaced yet... so...

I'd like to get some experienced 3800 eyes on the car to tell me what needs to be fixed up to make it solid through the winter.

HOOK ME UP!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Take teh heat shield off. It doesnt do much and can rattle around causing false KR. For a DD, Id just get a stock exhaust. Its cool to have one once and awhile, but the rest of the time, it sucks. LOL.

Can you tell if you have single piston brakes or dual pistons?? Big difference when replacing the brakes.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Take teh heat shield off. It doesnt do much and can rattle around causing false KR. For a DD, Id just get a stock exhaust. Its cool to have one once and awhile, but the rest of the time, it sucks. LOL.

Can you tell if you have single piston brakes or dual pistons?? Big difference when replacing the brakes.

No idea on the dual piston thing... didnt really look that close yet in the dark. :hsugh:

While I scanned the car on the test drive, it threw ZERO KR.... which I took as a good sign. It's doing about 10-12* timing @ WOT and about 12-13lbs! :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
No idea on the dual piston thing... didnt really look that close yet in the dark. :hsugh:

While I scanned the car on the test drive, it threw ZERO KR.... which I took as a good sign. It's doing about 10-12* timing @ WOT and about 12-13lbs! :)

I guess the easiest way to tell is do they look like your stock TA brakes or not. :rofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The stock headlight plastic is completely fogged and THAT is gonna terribly piss me off. I'm a headlight snob @ heart and will probably HID this car at some point in the near future.

Do I get some projector headlight assemblies for the car, or do I just hunt down some good factory assemblies?

Lookin @ these on ebay...
PRO-YD-PGP97-1PC-HL-C.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I was at work and probably websensed. I see them now. Even on my big monitor, I cant tell 100% for sure if they are Fbodys, or just stock calipers with Monte brackets and 12 inch (11.9 technically) rotors.

Those headlights take some work to get to really be decent. They like to shake, and Ive heard they fog up quicker then stock lenses.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info