mileage tuning?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
One thing is bump the cruise timing. My car sees over 40* of timing in certain areas. My best tank on my trip was 27MPG. This was also throwing a lean code and an EVAP code. Lowest was 24.5 MPG. Average speed was 70 MPH and some spots 75.

05+ timing tables are a good starting point. I can shoot you a file if you like. It "should" work for HPT.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
PANDAS race car does not get good gas mileage anymore. :hsugh:

Most Ive got was 34mpg as calculated at the pump. Cruise timing is really the only thing I fuck with. Currently running around 45', but have ran more with no issues. Not sure how much additional timing you can get out of a stock car without problems though. Make sure all maintenance is done, plugs, wires, filters, etc. If the car is modded pulley up for increased MPG.

I could teach you the basics of 3800 tuning if you teach me LS1. :dunno:

Why do you want to know anyway? :pedobear:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
my old 98 white gs with 3.5/intake/3"dp/180*tstat/3"catback got 35mph highway with the basic cookie cutter dhp 1.5 file tune

on my current car i can pull upper 20s but im 800rpms higher than most other 3800 cars, pretty much like a regular wbody driving in 3rd on the highway lol

bump your cruise timing up to around 40s, others can run cause having an IC or being amazing at tuning

get your ltfts locked in at 0 helps quite a bit too... i think at cruise though my white car was lean, which probably helped as well

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I've got the 04+ GTP bin in HPT format also if you would like it. I was having some issues so I'm back on a stock timing table getting upper 20's but once I get the MAF tune better I plan on going back to running more cruise timing for the mileage.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
What's the key to getting epic gas mileage outta a 3800? I see race car drivers like PANDA claiming 30mpg and whatnot.

DO WANT.

SHOW ME THE WAY.

disable PE and run 14.7 afr all the time, you can tune for it and still make great power just not as much as with power enrichment....this is also the best way to ensure your fuel trims do not lockup (keep it in closed loop) at higher maf values and allows for the correct adjustment of the upper maf table.

Al's 04 still got ~300 miles from a tank with no PE, but once he felt what she pulls like with PE enabled he's dealing with ~24 mpg (mixed) lol

hell gtpmike needs to go back to no PE for a VE cycle and no PE maf cycle to see the changes after the exhaust.

the riv ran 12.75 at 14.7 afr :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info