GTP Tune Needed PL$

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Alright, so I'm finally getting to it... I've been playing with an AFC tune but this thing just needs a PROs help. I know I've read about some team members doing tunes so not sure if you guys can help, for a fee, of course or if you guys recommend a shop for a tune?

The car is mildly modified with:
VS Cam
TOGs
Gen V (3.3 MPS)
Custom ZZP PCM
ZZP Transmission (4340 Input Shaft, 2750 Stall Converter, 3.29 Gears)

Thanks!

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I'd ping some of the 3800 gurus on this site rather than some random shop. As Curly mentioned, http://www.sinisterdd.com/ can point you in the right direction.

I think the main issue with local people is time. Tuning isn't exactly a one time thing. I would recommend the original poster buy a tuner and learn. Many local guys can put you in the right direction and help out.

3800SC98

Regular
Nov 22, 2008
Chicago
Thanks guys.

I would buy a tuner but I wouldn't feel too confortable making changes my self.

I do see that Sinisterdd.com "does not offer tunning at this time" does anyone have a name and number for someone there that could tune?

Any other local guys that tune for a fee? Not a big rush but I would like to have it a bit more tuned before the nice weather is gone.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm the one that has tune pretty much all of sdd's cars, and coming from a person that tunes 3800's a shop that's not familiar with them is NOT the place to go whether or not i know them. I would never reccomend someone tuning a car they aren't familiar with, and i'm sure a large amount of people would agree with that. So, with that said, don't take your car to that place. If you look on SDD's website it says "ms tune" so if you call them or email them they'll refer you to me, so if you're interested shoot me a pm. I'm sure there's a number of people on here that can testify me knowing my shit.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
its not my point...but, clearly, you people are not hearing what i am trying to say.

good luck with tuning.

It's very simple, a shop isn't going to turn down business, they'll probably bs their way through a phone call get the car in there and attempt to tune it, OR maybe i'm wrong and he'll say they don't touch them. This will resort in numerous problems for the OP hence me saying NOT to waste his time asking. I'm sure those guys are good, and you probably know them personally which is why you suggested to give them a try, I'm just saving the hassle.

Foques

He who caN
Jul 18, 2008
Streamwood
BS though the call? maybe GTP shops do that..

the reason why I suggested to speak w/ Andrew is because 1) he is the owner, and it is his best interest to not BS people into something that will fuck their car up. 2) if he doesn't know how to do something, he will get someone who does, get a good price form a pro shop, go there with a customer and have pro tune the car whilst learning.. and will not charge the customer for the work leaving the pro tuner charge the customer.

he has been done.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
lol panda.. do you know them?
have you worked with them?
then why are you even typing this?

yeah, they are working primarily on imports, but to ASK them isn't going to hurt.

Nope, don't know them. But do know they don't specialize in 3800's. Really the only places that do are ZZP and Intense. I just wouldn't trust just anyshop to tune any car. My car (before I owned it) was tuned by Speed INC's tuner. It just had basic shit but still, didn't run as good as when I started to tune it with more knowledge on 3800's. I'm sure a shops tuner has more knowledge about tuning than a average joe, but I would really only take my car to a professional or a local member with proven results. I mean, you don't see LS1 guys going to Bob Kurgan. Sure he is one of the best tuners, just not for a LS1.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
lol panda.. do you know them?
have you worked with them?
then why are you even typing this?

yeah, they are working primarily on imports, but to ASK them isn't going to hurt.

I like to stick to people who have done stuff before to whatever it is I have/own...

They could be a great shop... yet I wouldn't want to be their guinea pig with a car they are unfamiliar with.

I'm the one that has tune pretty much all of sdd's cars, and coming from a person that tunes 3800's a shop that's not familiar with them is NOT the place to go whether or not i know them. I would never reccomend someone tuning a car they aren't familiar with, and i'm sure a large amount of people would agree with that. So, with that said, don't take your car to that place. If you look on SDD's website it says "ms tune" so if you call them or email them they'll refer you to me, so if you're interested shoot me a pm. I'm sure there's a number of people on here that can testify me knowing my shit.

I will testify.

its not my point...but, clearly, you people are not hearing what i am trying to say.

good luck with tuning.

Do you work for them or something?

It's very simple, a shop isn't going to turn down business, they'll probably bs their way through a phone call get the car in there and attempt to tune it, OR maybe i'm wrong and he'll say they don't touch them. This will resort in numerous problems for the OP hence me saying NOT to waste his time asking. I'm sure those guys are good, and you probably know them personally which is why you suggested to give them a try, I'm just saving the hassle.

:werd:

He sounds like a great guy, you should take him out to dinner! :smile:

:rollpicard:

Nope, don't know them. But do know they don't specialize in 3800's. Really the only places that do are ZZP and Intense. I just wouldn't trust just anyshop to tune any car. My car (before I owned it) was tuned by Speed INC's tuner. It just had basic shit but still, didn't run as good as when I started to tune it with more knowledge on 3800's. I'm sure a shops tuner has more knowledge about tuning than a average joe, but I would really only take my car to a professional or a local member with proven results. I mean, you don't see LS1 guys going to Bob Kurgan. Sure he is one of the best tuners, just not for a LS1.

I have heard horror stories of people attempting to tune 3800s that hadn't tuned them before, just as well as any other car.

Like Panda said here, if I had an LS1 I would find the LS1 shop to tune it. If I had a lightning- I'd have Johnny lightning or someone who knew what they were do tune it. If i had a duramax- i'd have idaho rob... you get the point.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
K.j... nevermind.. not even going to waste my time.

Panda, thank you for explaining rationally what you meant. it makes sense.

you can plug "that" shop in a 3800-tune thread in the 3800 section and make multiple posts trying to get the guy to call/go in and then kj posts and you dont want to waste your time???

you their unofficial sponsor here?

:ugh:

Foques

He who caN
Jul 18, 2008
Streamwood
i'm explaining my point of view, and will not extend an explanation to ignorant people who are pulling fats out of their rear end..
do you have anything constructive to say, or are you just going to try and call people out again like you do in most of the threads?

didn't know I need your approval.
No I do not sponsor this site, nor do I work with the shop. Andrew is a good friend, and had done on my car.. and i've seen evidence of his work and his knowledge.. (1K WHP ride)

now, that panda and 10sec explained their point and I thank you for them, and do apologize for taking up traffic here.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
i'm explaining my point of view, and will not extend an explanation to ignorant people who are pulling fats out of their rear end..
do you have anything constructive to say, or are you just going to try and call people out again like you do in most of the threads?

didn't know I need your approval.
No I do not sponsor this site, nor do I work with the shop. Andrew is a good friend, and had done on my car.. and i've seen evidence of his work and his knowledge.. (1K WHP ride)

now, that panda and 10sec explained their point and I thank you for them, and do apologize for taking up traffic here.

im looking out for the OP, and wtf, i try and call people out in most of the threads???? what in the hell does that mean or have reference too?

my approval? when did I ask for it or ever, dont confuse me with SVTkid and when hes the OP of his threads :rofl:

i have nothing against your friend andrew and im sure we all agree he does great work

its pretty much like me going into the mustang section when someone needs a tune, and saying go to ZZP (not sure if you know who they are, big tuner/product company for 3800) and they will help you out... what do you think would be peoples reactions?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info