Putting serious thought into picking this up...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I agree with fish, it's old so check it really closely. I would take it for a test drive and get on it to make sure the 1-2 shift feels firm and not slipping. Good think you have hpt cause it's probably got kr with the mods :rofl: but w/e nice drive around car and i'll be he'll take 2500 or less if you offer.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
He'll break eventually, i would say 2800 on the 077's and you'll come pick it up this weekend this way he'll think you're super interested and might do it. Don't let the gp guys tell you what bottom dollar is, they're just a bunch of bluffing fools. I wouldn't know though :ugh:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Its a site where modified GPs go to. Of course they will be beat. Thats like saying I shouldnt buy a car from LS1tech cause they are modded.

FWIW, I bought my car from a guy off CGP. However, the motor was stock sans the intake and a MPG tune. So I felt better.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Overall I've been extremely happy with mine as far as shit breaking. Everything that has failed on me has either been my own doing (half shafts) or typically stuff like intake manifold gaskets. Brakes and tires, too, of course. As you'll likely read, these can easily click off 30 mpg on the highway when maintained properly. I've had mine for 7 years now, and put over 70,000 miles on it. I'm at 108,000 now.

I'll be on the lookout for some.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Alot of people talk shit about 97's, not really sure why. I am not en ticed by the interior of that car. Sounds like its a GT with a engine swap? Did he also do the trans work? Its nice to buy a from a owner that knows about the cars history like this guy. Nice that all those repairs/maintenance was done at the motor swap time, but I would ask who did the work and if they are qualified, and how long has the car been on that setup. I wouldn't want to buy it and then it blows up a few weeks later and you gotta put money into it. I would ask alot of questions if you are interested. As far as price...I saw a stock 03 GTP with 42K the other week for $5000 on craigslist, and a 99 GTP with 120K for $1600, those were good deals. The ads were off the internet very fast. I personally would pass on this car.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
so yea, buying this kids modded car doesn't make me too worried, I assume he's beaten on it... but so should anyone who would buy my TA. ITS A MODDED DAMN CAR PEOPLE! Think I modded it so it could just look fast in the garage?

I understand this, what I was trying to say is, look for a car that grandma drove, ya know? My car is modded, but I barely beat on it.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Alot of people talk shit about 97's, not really sure why. I am not en ticed by the interior of that car. Sounds like its a GT with a engine swap? Did he also do the trans work? Its nice to buy a from a owner that knows about the cars history like this guy. Nice that all those repairs/maintenance was done at the motor swap time, but I would ask who did the work and if they are qualified, and how long has the car been on that setup. I wouldn't want to buy it and then it blows up a few weeks later and you gotta put money into it. I would ask alot of questions if you are interested. As far as price...I saw a stock 03 GTP with 42K the other week for $5000 on craigslist, and a 99 GTP with 120K for $1600, those were good deals. The ads were off the internet very fast. I personally would pass on this car.

Valid input Panda. I saw a 01 GTP spec ed for $3k yesterday. It's gone today despite my leaving a VM for the guy. :(

I'm also looking @ a stock GSE for $3500ish...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info