Exterior door panel peeling

AjL227

Do You Even?
Feb 19, 2008
The passenger side rear door side panel is starting to peel off again. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in my 2 years of ownership, and I'm fed up with it. I have had the same panel in the same place replaced and applied twice by the same body shop. I go back to them, and they just keep telling me its a common problem on 04+ GPs.

I'm tired of giving that body shop my money, and I'm tired of having to make sure other people open the front passenger side door first before opening the rear door, due to the panel scraping the edge of the front door. I'm looking for a DIY fix, whether it lasts or I have to re-do this every so often. I've tried double sided tape, but it just isn't strong enough to hold it down and keep it down. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any suggestions on the DIY fix?

If you guys need me to post pictures of said problem, I will.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Your body shop it full of shit and they need to fix it correctly. I assume that you are talking about the moulding that is in the center of the door? There is many reason why it is peeling or catching on the front door so it is hard to say exactly what to do with out seeing it in person.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• AjL227
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list