OMFG it died help

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
Okay, so driving to work. Cruising down randall. Car just dies. Restart, runs for 10 seconds-dies. Every time I restart it it dies after a couple seconds. It starts no problem, runs seemingly perfect for those couple seconds, then just gives up. No SES light. Just trailer-ed it home, and of course my brother lets it roll off the trailer too fast and tears the front bumper off/apart. Fuck lol. But that's fixable. Any ideas what the crap is wrong with the thing? I was supposed to be at work 3 hours ago.

Edit: Oh yeah, 2000 GTP

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Does the pump prime?? Could be the resistor too. Try this.

relays.jpg

If it works, it is just a temporary fix. You will have to fix the resistor at some point.

thebullfrog

Addict
Sep 12, 2008
Algonquin
Real Name
Jerimiah
in all honesty the car isnt THAT bad. It got neglected when i was unemployed and broke for a while, so some things that should have been fixed, didn't. And now that I could get it back into shape, I've really just lost interest. The beat to hell front end from today and the deer a while back, broken HUD windshield, and needing a driver's axle are the biggest things. All very fixable, but all also destroy it's trade-in/resale value. It needs other stuff here and there, but nothing overly huge. I'm really just bored with it. My ex has expressed interest in buying it for what I owe. I wouldn't really get anything, but I'd be rid of it, and she actually needs a new car as opposed to me wanting one lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info