misfire at wot above 4k rpm... not always..

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
alright so i made some changes to my car bout a week ago... and now... sometimes... when my car gets warm... above 4k rpm- it misfires...

not violent enough to give a code- but enough to feel it, hear it, and notice it...

major changes that may possibly have caused something i made from before are as follows:

replaced m90 case with block off plate... with custom intake manifold

re ran vacuum lines because of this mod

tr6 spark plugs instead of al104s- spark plugs gapped at .04... could this be my problem????? too big or small of a gap?

what or where should i check?

it really seems to only happen once the car is significantly warmed up...

it didnt do it before i changed stuff... but now is.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Spark is a good place to look. are you running the stock GM coils or have you upgraded to somthing more powerful? Your most recent mods may have been just enough to put you over the edge where the stockers cant handle it... also, just for shits, put your old plugs back in, that'll be the easiest way to rule out that. I never did plugs on my 3800 but, at least you'll rule it out. good luck nonetheless.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
no problem man. I'm going off experience with a DSM that I had a misfire problem with and it ended up being the coils could not keep up with the demand and ended up going with a MSD coil over plug setup. fixed that right up. hope your problems are as easilly solved.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Check plugs and wires KJ. NGKs are notorious for cracking the ceramic insulators. Try tightening the gap down to .037-.035" if your wires are okay and the plugs all look fine as well. With a decent amount of boost it wouldnt surprise me if you are blowing out the spark. I run mine gapped at .037" on a naturally aspirated motor....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info