Spark plugs

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
So I plan on changing my spark plugs out tomorrow. I am not going to heavily mod this regal because the money vs. horsepower isn't really worth it. Just a pulley, dp, u-bend delete..
Anyways I read the regal boards and everyone was between autolite 104's or autolite 605s
I went to autozone to get the 605s and the dude that was there told me that autolight plugs are complete junk and that he ran NGK in his GTP. I was then confused. I didn't know whether to believe him or not because he also said he was running a 3.0 pulley with a cat back and intake and had no knock.
I ended up getting what they had which were Autolite xp 606's with iridium.
If someone really knows what they are talking about and can tell me if these are ok to put in my car tomorrow I would appreciate it.
It gets confusing when you hear everyone saying something different.
Thanks

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Why did you buy just what they had in stock??
Sparkplugs.com for future reference to get anything you want.
And yeah, sparkplug versus sparkplug who gives a crap- it's not going to give you 20 horsepower....not even one horsepower. Let's keep things in perspective here, lol.

ps. don't try and gap an iridium plug or you risk breaking the tip.

Really do you guys in this part of TCG consider little mods like I/H/E and a pulley to make that huge of a difference? Child's play and a waste of time/money, why even frickin' bother.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
And yeah, sparkplug versus sparkplug who gives a crap- it's not going to give you 20 horsepower....not even one horsepower. Let's keep things in perspective here, lol.

Really do you guys in this part of TCG consider little mods like I/H/E and a pulley to make that huge of a difference? Child's play and a waste of time/money, why even frickin' bother.

James, I don't think you read posts through before you post. I know spark plugs don't give you horsepower. I am not that stupid. I was just looking for advice on what is safe or best to put in my car.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK

:bowrofl: those mods are the basis for decent gains on any FI car! just exhaust on my car is a HUGE gain.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i wouldnt think it to be an issue. they are what? 1 or 2 steps colder? if you're just doing basic bolt ons like you said i would just go 104's. i changed mine like every other oil change just cause they were so cheap.

if you're staying completely stock for a while then just get oem equivilent autolite copper plugs. i'd stay away from iridium plugs. it seems 3800's dont much like them.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Ok, just changed them all to NGK TR6's. Back was kind of a pita.
Is this what they should look like after 60,000 miles?? Oh and I gapped them to 0.55
IMG_1084.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
They "look" perfectly fine.
BUt shit, you should be changing plugs once a year- or two if you're lazy....that's 15k/30k. Not friggin' 60 friggin thousand miles, jeebus christ holy cow.
So you didn't go with "what they had in stock".....good for you.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
My car runs noticeably better on TR6's than it did 104s, and gets better mileage.

It's funny though, you only replaced your old TR6's because they were old....if you had replaced your TR6's with new TR6's you'd be saying they ran noticeably better and got better mileage than your old TR6's.
It's like doing a fresh oil change.

But what the hell....I feel like I'm preaching to the stupidest car owners in the world that don't know jack shit about the basics of cars... so nevermind. :bowrofl:

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
It's funny though, you only replaced your old TR6's because they were old....if you had replaced your TR6's with new TR6's you'd be saying they ran noticeably better and got better mileage than your old TR6's.

But what the hell....I feel like I'm preaching to the stupidest car owners in the world that don't know jack shit about the basics of cars... so nevermind. :bowrofl:
it's actually funny that the people you're spewing your shit to actually know these engines unlike you, all you know is some junk ass honda motors.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

When we have a question about NA 4 banger turds, we will talk to you. When we want to talk about FI V6s, we will talk to each other. Ok pumpkin?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info