AC recharging

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I had cold air like a year or 2 ago but I dont like to use the AC for some reason so the 5 years I owned the car I think I used it maybe 2 times when I first tinted my windows and that was because I couldnt open them. 134a, is that the stuff I need to get at walmart???

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
yeah, thats all you can get. they no longer sell r12. you'll need a gauge for the fill. they sell cans with the gauge and fill line attatched. not sure how much you will need but get 3-4 small cans. they sell cans with red dye in them to check for leaks. i'de start with that so you dont waste a bunch of money on freon due to cracked lines and so on. they have directions on the cans. just make sure car is running and a/c is on high when you fill.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
yeah, thats all you can get. they no longer sell r12. you'll need a gauge for the fill. they sell cans with the gauge and fill line attatched. not sure how much you will need but get 3-4 small cans. they sell cans with red dye in them to check for leaks. i'de start with that so you dont waste a bunch of money on freon due to cracked lines and so on. they have directions on the cans. just make sure car is running and a/c is on high when you fill.
Talk about terrible fuckin' advice. :bowrofl:
You don't need a fuckin "gauge". Gauges are for noobs that don't know when shit is cold or not. :bowrofl:

You add a can of oil charge and r134...and if shit isn't cold by then- add a straight can of r134 but you'll only need half a can at most....no noob gauge needed.

3-4 cans.....yeah ok total "I'm a noob total stupid advice". :bowrofl:

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
james, i really hope you're joking.
the system will still blow cold even if it's underfilled. or you could over charge and run the risk of damaging components in the system.
DMC is posting the "right" way to do it yourself. you on the other hand are saying to just guess and all will be fine. a gauge you get with a kit will tell the pressure on the low side. having the correct freon pressure means you're ac system will be performing how it should. overfilling the system causes higher pressures, and higher pressure means higher temperatures (direct relationship to temp and pressure). higher freon temperature means the ac doesnt blow as cold as it should. you will never get the correct pressure by guessing.
but i'm only EPA certified in refrigerant handling and ASE certified in heating and air conditioning so what do i know.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
james, i really hope you're joking.
the system will still blow cold even if it's underfilled. or you could over charge and run the risk of damaging components in the system.
DMC is posting the "right" way to do it yourself. you on the other hand are saying to just guess and all will be fine. a gauge you get with a kit will tell the pressure on the low side. having the correct freon pressure means you're ac system will be performing how it should. overfilling the system causes higher pressures, and higher pressure means higher temperatures (direct relationship to temp and pressure). higher freon temperature means the ac doesnt blow as cold as it should. you will never get the correct pressure by guessing.
but i'm only EPA certified in refrigerant handling and ASE certified in heating and air conditioning so what do i know.

You know nothing compared to james. Shit, you worry about spark plugs. :mamoru:

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
You don't need a fuckin "gauge". Gauges are for noobs that don't know when shit is cold or not. :bowrofl:

You add a can of oil charge and r134...and if shit isn't cold by then- add a straight can of r134 but you'll only need half a can at most....no noob gauge needed.

you my friend can go fuck yourself. you fill your tires without a gauge too???? just keep fillin til they look right. and im the noob :bowrofl:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

do you get off sounding like a self absorbed prick on the internet? how is it someone can be genuinely cool in person but is such a total stroke-off online. its mind boggling

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

Lemme guess, torque wrenches are for noobs too? :roflpicard:

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
Wait, so the kid could have taken my advice (which he basically did over anyone else) and achieved the same goddamn result. Wow, I really don't know my shit, lol.

3-4 cans and using a gauge...:io:

Oh right and I'm the only one that mentioned using an oil charge first....unless the kid bought a can of 134 with some oil mixed in....his compressor is fucked.

/thread

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info