Smallest pulley for Gen V with these mods

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Why do you want to run 1.95's? It's really a waste of money. The reworked stockers at 1.9 lift is actually MORE than you can take advantage of on stock heads. 1.84's flow roughly the theoretical limit of the stock ports at the shorter duration of the stock cam. The only exception would be if you were running a stock '98 cam (which has a touch more duration on the exhaust side). 1.9's are plenty.

Also, the Gen V will boost more than the Gen 3...so a 3.1-3.2 would be best all around. Although, if you are going for drag times, you could drop down to a 2.8, pull a crapload of timing, run slicks and pray for traction and no trans breakage. The advantage of running too small of a pulley is the big TQ you make down low. It's an advantage because of the weight and final drive of the W-body platform. Keep the revs below 6K and it's a winner.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Why do you want to run 1.95's? It's really a waste of money. The reworked stockers at 1.9 lift is actually MORE than you can take advantage of on stock heads. 1.84's flow roughly the theoretical limit of the stock ports at the shorter duration of the stock cam. The only exception would be if you were running a stock '98 cam (which has a touch more duration on the exhaust side). 1.9's are plenty.

I was told the higher lift the better therefore the 1.95 idea and I dont really want to cam it...Im no expert so I better isten to one :D An

Thank you for all the replies!

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I was told the higher lift the better therefore the 1.95 idea and I dont really want to cam it...Im no expert so I better isten to one :D An

Thank you for all the replies!

Yeah, everyone thinks more must be better...

Having a little more lift than you need is ok, but the higher the lift, the more of a chance of pushrod interference too. On L32 heads this can be a problem. If you must do the aluminum rockers, do the 1.84's...otherwise stick with the reworked stockers. There really isn't an advantage to the roller tips performance-wise though. I also feel the balance is better on the reworked stockers, so using stock springs is still an option. The roller tip is heavier, so stiffer springs is mandatory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info