Blocking coolant passages in blower case

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I was seriously asking regardless of the peanut butter comment.

just make sure to clearance the passage in the LIM to get the coolant to the back head that you are blocking w/ the blocked blower passages

Clearance? do you mean with the gasket material? I don't even know if it is that beneficial to block them in the first place. Looking for some advice.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I was seriously asking regardless of the peanut butter comment.

Clearance? do you mean with the gasket material? I don't even know if it is that beneficial to block them in the first place. Looking for some advice.

I think he means this:

IntakeMod.JPG
http://www.tommygloves.com/BonnevilleClub/TripleEdgePerformance08.08/IntakeMod.JPG

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
eh i dont know...i plan on leaving it for the wrx. people say it helps and it seems like a popular thing regardless of the type of car you have. i know James says that the TB passage does feed coolant to the back head which is why he suggests cutting the divider a touch like the picture above. if your not pulling the TB or supercharger anytime soon then i'd personally just leave it. if you plan on having it off then i'd block it.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Dan - I started blocking the coolant passages on an intake today. I bought (2) 1/4" NPT flush plugs at TruValue. To thread them you need open up the holes with a 7/16" drill bit and then use a 1/4"-18 NPT tap. Unfortunately my set did not have a 1/4-18 tap. I need to go get one tomorrow, but I can tell that they will fit. HTH.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/npt-national-pipe-taper-threads-d_750.html

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Weird, your coolant passage looks quite different than mine did even stock...

My coolant passage now looks a lot like the one Tommy posted and the holes to the blower look like GTPMikes. GTPMike's looks like set screws and that worries me a bit. Are you not concerned with them coming loose and ending up lodged in a coolant passage somewhere?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Weird, your coolant passage looks quite different than mine did even stock...

My coolant passage now looks a lot like the one Tommy posted and the holes to the blower look like GTPMikes. GTPMike's looks like set screws and that worries me a bit. Are you not concerned with them coming loose and ending up lodged in a coolant passage somewhere?

It was most likely tapped, sealant on the screws, then physicaly screwed in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info