Rant: ZZP Product Discriptions.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Rant: ZZP Product Descriptions.

So I wanted to replace my o2 sensor to see if it fixes a issue I have. Not only that, but the car sets off codes for insufficient switching every so often. I was running a AC Delco o2 that was about 8 months old. I wanted another AC Delco o2 to replace this as I have had issues with a Denso and a Bosch before, and generally like to replace stuff with OEM GM parts if possible. The bosch was DOA and the car didn't run so great on the Denso. Maybe I had just back luck or this was a coincidence.

So I go on ZZP's site and see they have a "AC Delco o2" for $47.99. This is considerably cheaper than I can buy it from the dealer wholesale with my dads account so I bought one along with a new o2 extension for shits. I get it next day as always.

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=417

"The standard AC delco sensor is an OEM replacement.

It will restore lost fuel economy and perform equal to OE. "

So I open up the package and a Denso o2 sensor was inside. I was like what the fuck zzp. This doesn't surprise me though. I'm thinking this could just be a AC Delco with a different name as it was made in Flint Michigan. I take the AC Delco out of my car and compare it with the Denso, they are completely different. :picard: This pisses me off, if wanted a Denso I would have ran to the parts store and bought one. I installed the Denso anyway, didn't really want to deal with the BS of a return. Car seems to run as normal.

Point of this post is this isn't the first time I was promised a AC Delco part and got something else. I bought some plug wires and even after countless emails back and forth between myself and Turbo Tim I didn't get what I wanted. If Turbo Tim tells me im getting OEM ac delco wires I expect oem ac delco wires and not ac delco wires re-badged as Packard brand. (Even though they are the something)

I think ZZP needs to use accurate descriptions and maybe stop making outrageous claims like this one:

https://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=801&catid=110

"A customer brought us his car, his car made 230whp on our dyno, we dropped his 3" custom local muffler shop exhaust and made 322whp(open headers), then we installed our aluminized catback without a resonator and the OEM muffler option and it made 315whp. That means our aluminized catback made 85whp!"

This is NOT the norm and shouldn't be used as a benchmark for increased HP.

Edit: I received a Delphi O2 sensor and not a Denso when I was expecting a AC Delco.

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Agreed, it's bullshit that they leave it up even through they're not selling Delco products. That's the O2 I'm running and have had good luck right out of the box with it. I got a bum Denso as well before.

I have the same switching code come on and off every few days. I wouldn't be surprised if I burnt through an O2 after how horrible the car was running before I fixed it.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Agreed, it's bullshit that they leave it up even through they're not selling Delco products. That's the O2 I'm running and have had good luck right out of the box with it. I got a bum Denso as well before.

I have the same switching code come on and off every few days. I wouldn't be surprised if I burnt through an O2 after how horrible the car was running before I fixed it.

You think your getting a deal buying "GM parts" from ZZP, but it makes sense now.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
If you purchased an AC Delco sensor, that's what you should get. I looked at the page and I would agree it is misleading. Did you contact them yet?

As for the Packard wire thing, those are AC Delco wires. :) Think of if it like a computer. You might buy a Dell; but it probably has chips on the inside made from Toshiba, Samsung, etc. Packard is probably the manufacturer of the wire itself.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
If you purchased an AC Delco sensor, that's what you should get. I looked at the page and I would agree it is misleading. Did you contact them yet?

As for the Packard wire thing, those are AC Delco wires. :) Think of if it like a computer. You might buy a Dell; but it probably has chips on the inside made from Toshiba, Samsung, etc. Packard is probably the manufacturer of the wire itself.

I just shot them a email. I will see what they say.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I thought I heard awhile back that the new Delco sensors are identical to the densos...

Did the new sensor SAY denso on it, or did it just look the same as a denso?

Pretty much the only thing that was similar was the style of the tip. I took a picture of the two of them they both look very different. ac delco vs denso.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Reply from Zoomer :hsugh:

I apologize. We carry the denso and the AC Delco. Both are in stock. I believe you were mistakenly shipped the wrong one. We can issue a return label to get that one back and ship you a new one.

Zooomer

ZZPerformance.com

Please include all prior emails, even if it's only been a few minutes. If you haven't recieved a reply in 24 hours (weekdays), please resend your email.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Pretty much the only thing that was similar was the style of the tip. I took a picture of the two of them they both look very different. ac delco vs denso.

gotcha, I knew I heard something about the Delco looking similar to/the same as the Denso, but I didn't recall in what way they supposedly looked the same.

Considering I think I've seen 2 O2's in my life, one being the new denso on my car and the other being the 13 year old stocker from it, I'm far from an O2 sensor expert :rollpicard:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info