Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Buy a beater and let it sit until you have the parts/funds

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Kinda in a pinch with this tranny problem. One minute I think im for sure going to fix it, but I do not have the funds for it atm. The next im thinking of trading it in at a dealer, but I dont want to see this car go. Im also considring buying a beater (going to be lots of $ in just crap fees like title, insurane, plates, misc work, etc) and let my GP sit until some of these 3800 guys on here can get there hands on it. The car is my DD btw and I need it up and running asap.

Also, if I do trade it in I will have to get something I like. I have a champagne taste with a coca cola price. I would like a camaro or firebird (not some crazy mint ws6.. cant afford that for sure), but these cars are not practicle for a DD. My budget is only about 7K not including the outstanding balance with my current GP loan.

What should I do?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
In all seriousness money should be saved for times like this...

If you are low on money I would get a stock trans and have someone put it in. Buying a beater will probably end up to be more than you want to spend. Id say any "decent" beater will run you $1000. Trading in the car would also be bad, a dealer would probably give you $800 for a GTP with a broken trans.

Thread Info