HELP ASAP

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I have a members here at my house who I had a copy of his 98 GTP scan saved on my laptop. He has had some problems with the dealer flashing his computer and he lost everything so I tried to rewrite the bin I have and it said error. Now his car will not start at all. His fan has been running for like 35 mins. I know Ron used my tuner to tune my car but maybe he switched something so that This is why this happened?? Can anyone help me to get his car running???

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
I have a members here at my house who I had a copy of his 98 GTP scan saved on my laptop. He has had some problems with the dealer flashing his computer and he lost everything so I tried to rewrite the bin I have and it said error. Now his car will not start at all. His fan has been running for like 35 mins. I know Ron used my tuner to tune my car but maybe he switched something so that This is why this happened?? Can anyone help me to get his car running???

So you scanned a car, saved the log, and tried to flash the car with the log file???

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
what I did was copied it like 4 months ago, saved it to mu lap top incase he ever needed it. Then the dealer flashed it when he brought it in and he lost his tune. I connected my lap top to his car and selected his bin file. clicked write and it started. Got like 98% dont then said error. Now the car wont start and he is so pissed off. I dont understand why it is not working. when I open his bin his vin is correct, any ideas

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I dont know how but I filled in the profile info and mod ist and it worked. I got it running and he has gone home now. BUT I tried to READ my car just to make sure things are working right but the tuner use to insert my PCM info right away, now it does not and it wont read my PCM. Anyone know how to change it back to do it???

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
I dont know how but I filled in the profile info and mod ist and it worked. I got it running and he has gone home now. BUT I tried to READ my car just to make sure things are working right but the tuner use to insert my PCM info right away, now it does not and it wont read my PCM. Anyone know how to change it back to do it???

The profile and mod list have nothing to do with writes or reads.

I have a couple of questions:
1) What serial port adapter are you using?
2) What block size did you select when doing the write in the PT software?
3) What option did you pick for the VIN when you did the write?
4) Do you still have the original DHP DB-9 cable that goes between the PT box and serial port/Serual to usb adapter?

EDIT: do yourself a favor and make an offboard adapter. Search on "HOW TO: DIY Offboard, Instruction for building one" on the PT forums and buy a couple spare PCMs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info