Front and Rear bumper skirt on GP. Can it be removed?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Hey I was thinking for a weekend project. Can the front and rear bumper skirt (Front part that is closest to the bottom of the car, and the rear that has "pontiac" etched in it" be removed? Is that piece connected with the actual bumper?

The reason I ask is I was thinking about painting that area. Maby silver to match the car or possibly black. I wanted to junk yard the part though so incase it looks like a pep boys job I can conveniently go back to stock.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Get fine line tape and mask it off, not really a problem. Just use the automotive stuff (hint: you can't get it at home depot)

Body shop suppliers carry the good 3m fine line tape, masking tape at home supply stores WILL NOT WORK, I can't emphasize that enough.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I wouldn't do the entire bumper body color IMO. Every time I see a car that has the front/rear bottom valence parts painted the same color of the car it automatically makes me think the car was wrecked and repaired by a shitty body shop. I'd do black with your color...which I think is galaxy silver?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info