How I got an extra 4mpg out of my GTP

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
All MPG is calculated, not DIC.

When I first got my car in 2003, I was getting around 30 - 32 mpg on the highway depending how I drove. I would do these calculations on my trip to school which was 300 miles, with about 250 being on the highway and the rest being on 55 mph roads with stop lights.

I then added a ported SC, N*TB/LQ4 MAF and injectors. I added the LQ4 Maf table and proper IFR to my car with my powrtuner, but I was still only getting aroudn 26 - 28 MPG. I just assumed this was the price for modding my car.

This last weekend, I bumped up my timing to 45 - 47 while cruising and drove out to Columbus Ohio. I drove 75 - 85mph the whole way and was fairly conservative while passing cars (just ramped up my speed slowly, etc.)

When I got to Columbus, my DIC read 34.1. I never trust my DIC reading so I filled up and calculated out 32 MPG. I then drove out to Nashville, TN, and drove a little more aggressively, especially with all the hills, and averaged 30 mpg.

If you have not bumped up your tuning, I'd recommend doing it now :)

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
mike help me have good gas mileage. lol. seriously. ^^^^

Send me some more recent scans, we can actually start really tuning your car if you want. We have to get certain things in order before the good gas mileage tuning starts but with a good week I could get you all squared away :smile:

p.s. the scans don't have to be 100,000 minutes long, all i need is about 5 min with all kinds of accelerating in between and 1 wot at the end.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Send me some more recent scans, we can actually start really tuning your car if you want. We have to get certain things in order before the good gas mileage tuning starts but with a good week I could get you all squared away :smile:

p.s. the scans don't have to be 100,000 minutes long, all i need is about 5 min with all kinds of accelerating in between and 1 wot at the end.

lol o.

quality is better than quantity here eh... lol.

but yeah. i still needa swap them plugs... i have em... just havent gotten to it recently. new o2 is in tho... and car runs a lot better.

sorry for threadjacking.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I got 500+ miles out of one tank today... seriously...

250-ish miles out to Kalamazoo, some driving around K-zoo, then 250-ish back...

I started out with a full tank this morning, then filled in Michigan City on the way back... when I filled, there was a quarter tank left, and I used a quarter tank from there to Rockford...

Route was I-39, I-88, I-355, I-80, I-80/294, I-80/94, I-94... Route back was the same reversed...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I would if i could but we're in "shutdown" mode at my work which simply translated means "HOLY F-ING chaos" For the next 11-1/2 weeks, so my free/spare/personal time is negated by the government and is one of the many sacrifices i make to have the crazy job that i do.

^^ that was to KJ BTW... :ugh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info