my new pb at gld like 2 weeks ago

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
well i finally grabbed the time slips outta my car from going to gld about 2 weeks ago, and well here you go

first run was on shitty all season tires
[email protected] with a 2.137 60

2nd run i put the slicks on for the rest of the night
[email protected] with a 1.973 60

3rd run
[email protected] with a 1.955 60

4th run
[email protected] with a 1.973 60

and then the fun begins, i have been trying to tune out the 2 degrees of kr that i have been having all night and i was just about there, i wanted to add just a little bit of fuel and then i would be good, and well i modded the table, and started to write the pcm, about 50% way through it my laptop SHUTS OFF!!! and i just go into panic mode. i call up my friend in mn who is amazing at tuning and ask him what the hell just happened and well lets just say after an hour of messing with the file we FINALLY got it to write(when i turned my laptop back on after it shut off on my it said that microsoft windows just expereanced a dangerous something or other and they shut off the computer so it wouldnt do any damage to the laptop)so i was just mad i wanted to see if the tune i put on was good yet went down the track not giving a shit about anything and got a horrible time of
[email protected] with a 2.015 60.

and get this i STILL had knock!! FML so me and my friend packed up and left for home. i wanna give a big thanks to GTP mike for offering the drive up to gld to give me another pcm if mine ended up frying but thankfully he didnt have to make that drive and a big thanks to DOHCZ34 for helping me on the phone.

EDIT FOR MODS i have an intake, 104s, 3.5, welded paceshitters, 3 inch cat back, and a shitty tune.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
lol, no! I want to race it un-tuned. I figure, i trapped 98mph on 93 octane with 21* of timing maybe i can squeeze out 1-2mph more with the E-85 and 24* of timing it's running right now :dunno: but i'm down. We'll go mess around on 355 next time you're out at strats.

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
lol, no! I want to race it un-tuned. I figure, i trapped 98mph on 93 octane with 21* of timing maybe i can squeeze out 1-2mph more with the E-85 and 24* of timing it's running right now :dunno: but i'm down. We'll go mess around on 355 next time you're out at strats.

hahaha sorry but i just dont feel good or right when i get 2* kr when i beat on my car so i have been driving like a granny lately. so im only down to race when i have 0 kr. if you wanna still go then, im down.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
hahaha sorry but i just dont feel good or right when i get 2* kr when i beat on my car so i have been driving like a granny lately. so im only down to race when i have 0 kr. if you wanna still go then, im down.

I'm always down for some gtp on gtp crime :smile: We gotta get some vid too, should be a fun closeish race, i predict you pull 1 full car by 100mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info