E85 filter help

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am in the process of switching my car over to E85 and need a little bit of help finding the correct flex fuel fuel filter for my application. It is a 2000 monte carlo, but I am assuming it has the same filter as most to all w-body cars. A guy I touched bases with informed me the fuel filter would be out of a tahoe, but I have struggled to find the correct application that will be the same inline fuel filter. Anyone know the correct flex fuel filter that I should be looking for? Thanks for the help, Andy C.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
have you tried just going into the auto parts store and asking to look at a fuel filter for a late model flex fuel tahoe? i wasnt aware people used different fuel filters though; thought it was just injectors and a pump. i was under the impression that cars were already compatible for ethanol because of the 10% we already get in regular petrol.

i would PM Ron Vogel as he has experience running E85.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Thanks for the help, I just put one on so I might just run that fuel filter until I can get a couple more ordered. Would I need a brand new unused one when I switch to e85, or can I run the one that I just put on about 500 miles ago and purge the crap out of it until I can get a couple new ones in at the end of the week? Thanks again, Andy C.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am looking good then, thanks for the help. I figured with the 250,000 miles of fuel that has been through the tank and quickchange pump there would be A LOT of crap. So I ordered a new quick change pump, fuel pump, and am getting my fuel tank cleaned out to prep for the e85. I tend to always run into a fuel problem, so I am eliminating all of the factors that I can think of. Thanks again for the help guys, this forum makes it easy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info