Blower Motor

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Seriously are these things just something you have to sack up and buy a OEM GM part to replace. I had 3 Ricerzone blower motors in this car. They ALL make noise and get worse overtime until it drives me crazy enough that I have to replace it. The ricerzone blowers have lifetime warranty, so its not that big of a issue, but its a bitch and a half to remove/install one of these, as I just replaced the blower motor again last night. I would like to just install one and be DONE.

/rant

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Do you have any water leaking through the cowl into the blower motor? I've had an advance auto motor in mine for two years now, no problems. But I did notice water leaking into the OEM motor from the cowl, which took out the OEM one.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Do you have any water leaking through the cowl into the blower motor? I've had an advance auto motor in mine for two years now, no problems. But I did notice water leaking into the OEM motor from the cowl, which took out the OEM one.

That was one of the first "modz" i did to my car, fixing that problem... and cabin filters FTW

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
that blows. :rofl: see what i did there?

i replaced my blower motor in the crx with an autozone one at the beginning of the winter and it worked on high for like 7 months :dunno: it still works. how long till they go?

Id say 3 blower motors have been in the car the last year.

Didn't see any water anywhere, blower motor looked brand new when I removed it. I was old the original blower motor was kinda rusty when that was removed at 90K, so water could have killed that one.

That was one of the first "modz" i did to my car, fixing that problem... and cabin filters FTW

Cabin air filter looked fine (from the underside) I was was going to replace it at the same time but didn't feel like removing the wipers and cowl. Unless there is a easier way? The cabin filter is less than a year old. It was dirty as fuck when I first replaced it, probably original. It was kinda funny when I was calling around looking for a replacement everyone was saying my car didn't have a cabin air filter even though I pulled it out and showed them where it came from. :dunno:

Yeah, sealing up the cowl and trunk are a must in these cars.

more info?

just remove it completely less weight in your race-car.

Its needed for heat and AC.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Cabin air filter looked fine (from the underside) I was was going to replace it at the same time but didn't feel like removing the wipers and cowl. Unless there is a easier way? The cabin filter is less than a year old. It was dirty as fuck when I first replaced it, probably original. It was kinda funny when I was calling around looking for a replacement everyone was saying my car didn't have a cabin air filter

The filter is actually listed for an impala, MC, or a regal ( i cant remember)

To replace you only have to pull up the one corner, just turn off the car with the wipers upright, so the are out to the way, remove the one cap screw and the one clip in that corner, and the piece of weather stripping, the cowl cover(or whatever it is called) should pry right up, takes 5-10 minutes for the whole deal.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
its because your car doesnt have one stock. regals are the only w-body that came with them. obviously its a direct fitment for one though.

:werd:

My cowl and trunk were especially leaky and the water that leaked through would create a humid interior, freezing the inside of my windows. I had to use an ice scraper on the inside. D'oh. Not a problem anymore, though.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
:werd:

My cowl and trunk were especially leaky and the water that leaked through would create a humid interior, freezing the inside of my windows. I had to use an ice scraper on the inside. D'oh. Not a problem anymore, though.

I had that a couple of times after the snow would fall in my trunk, I hated that shit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info