New PB... made in ohio at Norwalk... no lies

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
yea, you read that title right... norwalk ohio lol

3.2 pulley, same setup as byron, still working on the tune (thanks for all the help/advice mike), 93 pump, my regular street tires and full firm on the suspension, oh and trunk empty

13.2 @ 105 , 2.00 60'

knocking above 90mph and at thte top of 3rd, until i upgrade my front mount, cant do much... no matter the timing advance/fuel/etc, with how little hte fluid volume is with such a small mount and no res, it gets heat soaked before the end of the run...

ran a 13.4 @ 104 my first run when my car was cool... ran 2 other runs both 13.5s, but that was hotlapping... car then sat for about 45 mins and made the last and best run

not sure how much more i can get on the bottom, launch was damn near perfect for having the gears on street tires, and 21 degrees timing thru the run... still leaning it out, hope to get maybe 10whp from that, couple more mph to the traps...

once i get the new FMHE, im gonna see if i can nab 12.99 with the 3.2 in street trim on street tires

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Thanks guys!

Nice, 105 trap is a healthy car on a 3.2 pulley. Now get the new fmhe :squint:

thanks again for hte help/advice mike, i know there is more on hte trap and time just by getting rid of my kr up top... cant wait to tune it out a tad more get the frozen boost fmhe on too!

Very nice Kevin!!! I saw the pics on regalgs, looks like it was a blast!

you aint seen nothing yet :bowrofl: just wait til everyone there posts pics, probably today or tomrw, only pic posted were from a few people from MI that are home already!

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
screw the times, tell us you at least got the gallon of ice cream for $1 from the stands. jk, but seriously if you didn't get some you missed out.

nice times for the mods at full weight on street tires
norwalk is an amazing track, minus the horrible music

HAHA!!! I did get the 1 dollar for a pound of icecream... though my bodily system didnt take too kindly to that on the 5 hour drive home lol, moosetracks and it was awesome!

track was insane, never been to 66 so i think its kinda like that... just the sheer size of everything and the facilities were awesome

track prep was insane and the conditions were perfect, 60s with a headwind but it was cooling... even the guys with near stock and stock cars from our website who had never been to a track before were pulling 2.1 60' times after a few tries

doin work kev.

I want you mid 12's by next week.

lol yea, everyone from regalgs.org was like dude, we'll do your fuel pump rewire the night before, find some 100 octane and put hte 3.0 on and hit 12s

then someone said i could go to summit and buy some slicks... LOL

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Good job Kevin.. Ive always knew the car had more in it.

What was your wideband AFR at?

thanks mike, yea i guess we all knew, it was just a matter of getting a decent launch and tuning!

from the other thread, i still cant get the wideband hooked up to my PT a/d input and cant run both my uvscanner and the wideband program at the same time, my old-ass-shitty comp cant do it and freezes

when i did runs before i went on the trip, my AFR was in the mid 11s

i was at 21 degrees of timing the whole run, from 0 - 90 (about middle of 3rd by then) i get NO kr, then heat soak starts to come into play and my kr goes from 1 to 2 to 3-4 by the time i shut down through the traps

fwiw, ive dropped nearly 20% in my injector duty cycle, at the top of 2nd im in the mid 80% area... my narrowband numbers have dropped from 950 to 920ish, though thought that number would be even lower now, but hey thats why we dont look at narrowband right?

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Nice Kev.

How do you know the mount is causing the knock? I may have the same issue.

couple things, its the old zzp radiator #2... the cubic inches of the mount is like 150 or something... guys running the FB unit is like 450 PLUS there is more coolant by using a res... i dont even have that... i had the fogger kit spraying the n2o into the mount, and now I know why

on runs ive screwed around running 16* timing, add fuel/pulling fuel and the same KR shows up... the liquid in the system probably goes through the system 3 times or more cause there is so little volume in the system

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
may i ask what mods do you have?

TVS blower, meth injection, 3.2 press on and a catback... oh and ubend removed

JK :rofl:

nah

TOGs
SLP gsx dual exhaust
intake CAI box
zzp S2 IC
SLP 1.84s iirc
105# springs
stock fuel pump :picard:
ported blower
3.69s

Id lower the timing chief. Anything over 20*, and your headgaskets are going to be pissed at you sooner or later.

really? i mean im not surprised, but i thought 21-22 was like max for power on these engines?? meh

btw, i found out some interesting info on your car from the members that came down from Das's town/area... they asked about you and the car since he sold it

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
:bowrofl: just made me spit my water all over my screen for some reason
Btw kev, how was the aarp madness convention??

ya ya ya.... go check out the regal site, only about 1/2 the pics are up from people but you'll get a good taste, it was awesome... sweet cars at the show and at the track... good times had by all, less people then last year, but more organized this time around and everyone knows each other from past events

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info