Does a Wideband o2 need to be calibrated?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Which WB are you using?

The first formula ( (N0/51) * 2.98 + 7.5) is typically used for the Innovate WBs (LM-1/LC-1).

The second formula( (N0/51) * 2 + 10 ) is typically used for the PLX SM-AFR and AEM UEGO Controller.

The Innovate products require free-air calibration every once in a while. The PLX-SM AFR (which I have) is doesn't require calibration. It depends on the unit you have.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
With the new formula, yeah. When I was WOT, I saw 11.2 on the gauge.

Cool...sounds like you are on the right track. :bigthumb:

(Also...side note to help out....If you are looking to get your WB reading to match the Commanded AFR, modify your MAF table first.

Once you have that within -/+ 0.1 AFR, you can monkey with the Base PE and PE/RPM/Time table to richen or lean out your AFR.)

Diavolo

Needs more turbos
Jun 20, 2007
Chicago
I am currently trying to get FTC 3 locking in consistently, then on to WOT tuning. My cruise numbers are pretty close. I have no idea what AF I am shooting for at WOT, but 11.2 is too rich.

Cool...sounds like you are on the right track. :bigthumb:

(Also...side note to help out....If you are looking to get your WB reading to match the Commanded AFR, modify your MAF table first.

Once you have that within -/+ 0.1 AFR, you can monkey with the Base PE and PE/RPM/Time table to richen or lean out your AFR.)

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I thought the AEM unit had some sort of weird pre-calibrated deal.

According to the instructions..it doesn't:

http://www.aempower.com/images/products/Installation Instructions 30-4100.pdf

The LC-1 is the one that requires the pre-calibration and re-calibration deal.

the AEM is pre-calibrated with a resistor inline for the sensor. Each new sensor you get has its own pre calibrated resistance built in so free air calibration is not necessary.

in all honesty i wouldnt be too concerned between 10.9:1 vs. 11.1:1 though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info