Damn first gear

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Ever since I put this performance shift on the car, first gear stays engaged for a long time if giving it 50%+ throttle.

Its really annoying for my car because the second gear pull is much better. For example, Ill try to turn left on a street and I have to get up and go because I cut someone off. Ill give it gas, the car gets loud, and at about 4500K the car doesn't move too much. Then it will do its fancy shift and go into second. Then its go time. Back in the power band.

If/when I get a new tune im going to def make sure that the first gear ends fairly shortly. At lease have the non perf shift mode not drag first gear.

Anyone kinda know what im talking about?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
With a stock valvetrain there's no need to have raised shift points. Headers, a cam, rockers, etc and then yes, there's a gain because the effective powerband has been moved up. Otherwise, I'd bump the line pressure but leave the stock shift points.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I must disagree with Mike, raising the shift points in a stock car with stock gearing will keep you in the power band or what exists of it. My car is easily .4-.5 faster with different shift points any day of the week, and sometimes twice on Sunday. Fuck stock shift points and gm's horrible choice in gearing. Someone with a gt donate their trans, converter and bottom end to me kthx.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Just got back from their showroom, asking 148k . . . i think if negotiate till the cow comes home, can get below 145k !!!
_________
Homeowners Insurance Quotes
adoption lawyers in knoxville

2007-08-02Spam.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info