FMHE, which one?? 3 options

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
ok so looking at getting a new FMHE and getting rid of the old rad#3 or whatever along with the fogger kit

3 options... 2 FB units and 1 zzp unit

by price :

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...=1063&osCsid=0826cd84a508042f23576d8a05bf8d5a

$150
core size is 24x7x2

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=857&catid=139

$179.99
core size is 28x6.5x2.25, but this is wide as hell in terms of the whole unit for some reason?!?

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...=1026&osCsid=53b46ea66b49cf94b68581531564bc84

$179.99
core size is 24x7x3.5

now is there any reason NOT to go with the largest unit, the FB one? Like i dont know if there is too much in terms of core size vs power level?

FWIW, guy on our regal site had the same setup as myself with teh same old zzp rad that i currently have... went to the largest FB unit, fits perfect under the front regal bumper
old setup was a 2.8 pulley with 3-4* kr on 16*timing, so he went with a 3.0
new setup with FB 101 unit, 2.8 pulley 0 kr and 19* timing

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
get the first frozenboost one

There's not enough airflow through there to warrant a thicker one IMO, you'll get less airflow and probably equal cooling, while weighing more and costing more money.

Put a reservoir in the system too if you haven't already.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Why don't you just mock one up out of cardboard to see what's the biggest one that will fit.

i know the largest FB one will fit, the guy with the regal i told you about has the type 101... it fits with an astonishing amount of room left... regals dont have that BS fan piece like the GPs do on the front bumper

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
get the first frozenboost one

There's not enough airflow through there to warrant a thicker one IMO, you'll get less airflow and probably equal cooling, while weighing more and costing more money.

Put a reservoir in the system too if you haven't already.

Thats what I was thinking, but what if I buy a fan to put in front of it or install it hanging lower below the bumper for more flow?

whats the gains of the reservoir system, er at least why put it in?

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
reservoir holds more fluid, and essentially bleeds the system for you. Rather than taking 20 minutes to fill the thing, it takes 30 seconds, and there are NEVER air bubbles circulating in the system.

Fans don't help in my experience, and hanging it lower than the existing radiator just fucks up the flow path, and starves the radiator and AC condenser. Mount it to get the air through the lower grille, but not beneath.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
reservoir holds more fluid, and essentially bleeds the system for you. Rather than taking 20 minutes to fill the thing, it takes 30 seconds, and there are NEVER air bubbles circulating in the system.

Fans don't help in my experience, and hanging it lower than the existing radiator just fucks up the flow path, and starves the radiator and AC condenser. Mount it to get the air through the lower grille, but not beneath.

pretty much like this down to a T. this is the 101 largest unit

FB10.jpg

FB9.jpg

FB8.jpg

IceBoxInstall1.jpg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
not going turbo anymore?

eh wont be doing my whole genV and intercooler combo i was planning...

going to change out the FMHE and then go from there... 42# injectors is also on the list next, and will need that for turbo app anyways...

if i can get this current setup to run correctly and better than the previous owner, maybe going genV over next winter might get me to where I want my goals with the car anyways...

if I got some crap DD then I might do hte turbo conversion over the winter... turbo FOR SURE is the way I would go if i want to make the car like absurd HP #s

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
eh wont be doing my whole genV and intercooler combo i was planning...

going to change out the FMHE and then go from there... 42# injectors is also on the list next, and will need that for turbo app anyways...

if i can get this current setup to run correctly and better than the previous owner, maybe going genV over next winter might get me to where I want my goals with the car anyways...

if I got some crap DD then I might do hte turbo conversion over the winter... turbo FOR SURE is the way I would go if i want to make the car like absurd HP #s

just get 60s youll max 42s when turbo quick.

my 60s were only lik 225$ iiirc also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info