pulley slipping

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I recently got my car back from having all my stuff installed by the great me Ron V. My car is slipping anytime I accelerate hard or nail it from the supercharger pulley. Its the 2.8 and I guess the belt is not gripping the pulley completely. Is there a kit that can solve this?? I ordered the 3.0 pulley tonight to see if it helps. Anyone have this problem??

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Yes sir.. But if i nail it you can hear it scream. The slip is so loud. Also, I dont know if it helps but you can see the belt kind of wobbles a little bit when you accelerate under the hood. Tht boost works if I drive it normal but if I accelerate hard or nail it the boost stop at 5 lbs and thats when you hear the supercharger slip.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
lol at "needing" cogged pulleys. A lot of people have ran 2.8 pulleys without cogged setups. There's other things you can do like the elimislip kit or even upgrading to an H-body supercharger belt tensioner/icm bracket will give you some more belt wrap.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I think if this was a problem Vogel would have told you when you picked up the car...

I did, the best overall solution to run a 2.8 is the smoothflow set-up IMHO. Farn's set-up is nice for the showcar money is no object set, a bit inpractical financially.

The belt was a little on the loose side; just enough to hit the end of the tensioner travel. A oversized idler would help too, but I've found they are just a small part of the equation.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
The only car i've mess around with/tuned in person running a 2.8 pulley is ricky's car and he gets no belt slip on a 2.8 That's goofy that car gets so much belt slip. But i def agree with the smoothflow setup, looks really good IMO. You should make him one ron, you successfully made your own before lol along with handfuls of other stuff.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
The only car i've mess around with/tuned in person running a 2.8 pulley is ricky's car and he gets no belt slip on a 2.8 That's goofy that car gets so much belt slip. But i def agree with the smoothflow setup, looks really good IMO. You should make him one ron, you successfully made your own before lol along with handfuls of other stuff.

this is why I call you sack rider

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
there's no reason a 2.8 should slip with the right idler pulley and belt combination.

If it's too loose, get a shorter belt. If it's too tight at that point, get a smaller idler, etc. Find what works, it will certainly be cheaper than any sort of slip eliminator kit.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel

I simply don't have time to. I'm months behind on LCA's right now...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info