Leaking oil

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
front or rear of the lim. the ends need silicon where the gaskets meet. the leak may be coming from the V of the engine.

Is it driver or passenger side?

If not my guess is valve cover.

Well a few weeks ago I took some cleaner and hose to my engine bay (engine had not been turned on for 15+ hours).

I cleaned a bunch of areas which has large amounts of gunk/oil builed up. It would greatly help if I have pictures though.

On the passenger side, the tip of the V appears to be alright.

One thing that I have always noticed is near the valve covers, there are oil pools on the S/C. They have always been there and I wasnt able to get them out with the hose.

I have not looked closely at the driver side. But for the most part I think the pools on the bottom of the S/C could be the culprit.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
Well a few weeks ago I took some cleaner and hose to my engine bay (engine had not been turned on for 15+ hours).

I cleaned a bunch of areas which has large amounts of gunk/oil builed up. It would greatly help if I have pictures though.

On the passenger side, the tip of the V appears to be alright.

One thing that I have always noticed is near the valve covers, there are oil pools on the S/C. They have always been there and I wasnt able to get them out with the hose.

I have not looked closely at the driver side. But for the most part I think the pools on the bottom of the S/C could be the culprit.

sounds like valve cover gasket.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Freebeer187
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list