Ebay Rotors

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I am looking to get a pair of slotted and drilled rotors but I dont wanna pay 300+ bones for them at zzp or where ever else they sell them. I looked on ebay and there listed for an avg of 180 bucks.

I was wondering if anyone purchased a set of rotors from ebay, and how the quality was. (iicr heavykevy did..)

Or if someone has a better place to buy them, chime in!

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Starters drilled rotors are pointless, get JUST slotted rotors. Don't get ebay garbage IMO, especially something that can easily kill you if it fails. If you need a set of rotors on the cheap PM me and i'll get you taken care of. :pedobear:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Starters drilled rotors are pointless, get JUST slotted rotors. Don't get ebay garbage IMO, especially something that can easily kill you if it fails. If you need a set of rotors on the cheap PM me and i'll get you taken care of. :pedobear:

mine have 10K on em now....no issues..... and drilled rotors make a bubble wrap sound during light braking that makes me giggle....

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
lol I wouldn't put ebay rotors on my junk, I know places you can get rotors for just as cheap but know where they're coming from. For example... Two equally hot hookers (twins?) at the same price waiting for some :pedobear: BUT you know one of them is clean and the other you :dunno: I'd take the clean one and pawn off the :dunno: to one of my dumbass friends aka Ebay. But that's just me...

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
lol I wouldn't put ebay rotors on my junk, I know places you can get rotors for just as cheap but know where they're coming from. For example... Two equally hot hookers (twins?) at the same price waiting for some :pedobear: BUT you know one of them is clean and the other you :dunno: I'd take the clean one and pawn off the :dunno: to one of my dumbass friends aka Ebay. But that's just me...

on the grand prix forums, people have had good luck with R1 for a few years now.... and these aren't $50 for all four cheap ebay rotors.....I'm not that cheap

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Well i guess ebay has proven itself to be a reliable source for rotors then, BUT getting cross-drilled rotors is a bad, bad, bad choice. Besides cracking, those holes accomplish nothing. There's not enough rotor there to "save" weight, they don't help cooling, and they take away from usable heat-transfer material. The slots eat up pads but actually have a point to them.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I have the R1 concepts rotors, they were $150 for all four rotors and ceramic pads, the rotors are zinc coated too so they dont rust....

The trick is to buy them through BrakeLabs, the brakes still come from R1, and have all R1 paperwork, but are almost 1/2 the price

I second this. Go through brake labs. They are the rotos and pads I use. They use Posi Quite pads. They will rust in the cm that the pads do not touch but not the area that the bolts run through.

GET CERAMIC PADS. Do not let them tell you that they only have half cermaic half something. They are crap. I think they are called Semi-Metallic. Stay away from them.

I am very satisfied with them. Dont let the ebay theme detour you. They are high quality and I have absolutely no complaints.

There number is 714 660 1360. Make an order over the phone and they ship same day or next day.

Here is one of there auctions

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Well i guess ebay has proven itself to be a reliable source for rotors then, BUT getting cross-drilled rotors is a bad, bad, bad choice. Besides cracking, those holes accomplish nothing. There's not enough rotor there to "save" weight, they don't help cooling, and they take away from usable heat-transfer material. The slots eat up pads but actually have a point to them.

Meh, to each his on..... If I auto crossed, or drove aggressively enough to get to a temp that they would crack I would worry about it...... But I would and do trust these over the $30 a pop Autozone china specials.......and I know drilling is pointless, but to get the slotted only ones is more money(they have to be special ordered)

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Meh, I'd spend money on brakes, not cheap out. I bought R1 concepts stuff, and don't like them. Put them on probably late July, and have put maybe 6k miles on them and I've been through 2 sets of front pads, and all 4 need to be done again. I'm tossing these shits in teh garbage sooooon.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
All I know, Is with blank rotors, my car in the rain if you hadn't touched the brakes for a couple miles, and then you used them, they "slipped" I guess is the best way to explain how it felt...... Now I don;t have that prob, next time, I will only get slots, but no cracks on mine yet and they went through winter....The car stops the same if not better with the ceramic pads.........to each their own though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info