Can anyone load bin file on my PCM?

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
so wait, you want the same file reflashed to the PCM again? What good is that going to do exactly?

If the tune sucks, it needs retuned, not just reflashed with some arbitrary .bin.

...unless I'm misunderstanding you here...

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
^To be honest, I have no clue when it comes to tuning....Tune is good, its just having a wierd "hickup" when shifting into 2nd @ WOT causing over 7* kr...it started happenig when I replaced the maf sensor, so I figured if I reflash the PCM with the exact same tune maybe it could help...shit man...I dunno...

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
After replacing maf sensor it started having this wierd "hickup" more like short cut off right before shifting into 2nd gear. Other than that, no problems at all. Also its doing it from a dead stop only so no more street races for me until I get this shit fixed ;-/

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Right before shifting into 2nd gear = high RPM. Chances are your MAF is leaning out your engine, which is causing the knock. I'd get a scan on it to see whats going on before I worry about reflashing it. :D

BTW, if you want to see if folks can open your BIN - you'd be best to post it up somewhere so we can give it a shot. :bigthumb:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
so you replaced your maf (on your 04 GS?) with a Junkyard stocker and you now get a hiccup? did the orig maf die? or were you experiencing the same issues even after replacment?

#1 thing i would start with is to use some Qtips with alot of the cotton pulled off the ends and some rubbing alcohol to clean the sensor wires

some tip in issues may also be caused by a vacum leak but since this has started happening after the maf was replaced start there (assuming that the problem wasnt occuring beforehand

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
so you replaced your maf (on your 04 GS?) with a Junkyard stocker and you now get a hiccup? did the orig maf die? or were you experiencing the same issues even after replacment?

#1 thing i would start with is to use some Qtips with alot of the cotton pulled off the ends and some rubbing alcohol to clean the sensor wires

some tip in issues may also be caused by a vacum leak but since this has started happening after the maf was replaced start there (assuming that the problem wasnt occuring beforehand

First off it started happening fall last year when I cleaned it...so I thought I fcked it up, picked one up from an 02 GS and that didnt fix the problem. I have my original maf in there now since its still workin.

So do you want me to scrub the wires not the "resistor" looking thing in the middle? I already sprayed the shit out of it with brake cleaner (LOL just kidding) I used the crc maf cleaner ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info