Performance shift rant.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Ok so besides the last year car was in storage I drove her for 2 years solid after getting my mods and new computer. I always noticed the car didnt really shoot into first from a downshift like others. My normal shift from second gear was around 75 or 80. I reconnected the performance shift that I wired into my PCM like 3 years ago and finally used it. The car is totally different. It slams down into first gear and pulls like crazy. Also shifting from 2nd to 3rd is about 97. I remember people at meets saying once you get a new pcm its automatically programmed to do this.. I say HELL NO it is not, my car has never reacted this way and i can finally feel the throw back I was looking for. If you dont have the performance shift feature you missing out.. Just wanted to share my rant with everyone..
Thanks for reading..

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
img00251b.jpg

Bikrboy is going to be so jealous when he sees this!!

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I dunno what the guy did when he tuned my car. There is for sure a difference though. I do not have a tuner either.

ITS true. When I got my new PCM it was factored in ( atleast I was told ) but the car never reacted like others I drove in. Since I ran the wire and connected it to spot 21 its all a difference between night and day. My car shifted into 3rd from 75 to 80. Saturday it shifted @ 97 3 times in a row at full throttle. Every car needs to have this..

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Performance shift is an option that GM used to put in GP (other cars possibly). It changes the RPM limit and allows faster up and down shifts. It also allows the car to stay in a lower gear for longer.

There is a little more to it though. Its basically a "sport" mode

Like ppl have said though, you can just basiclly copy and paste the settings for performance shift into the regular mode tables. Some canned tunes allow the user to get the full potential when the option is enabled.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info