DHP Tuning my GTP need some help or directive

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
Before I go pleading my case to the people at cgp I wanna ask some of the fine 3800 gurus here.

I have been tuning for about a week now, and I made some headway.

So I got to the point where I got 0 KR. And then I added one degree of spark and get a lil bit of KR.

http://scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=5968

So I decided to see what happens when I drop to a 3.6" pulley. And this happens. KR which was expected.

http://scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=5969

So the O2 values were kinda in the norm which is 940-960. But when I went and added fuel, KR got worse.

http://scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=5970

So does that mean my car richened up to where is started to knock?

I changed the a/f from 11.5 to 11.7 to keep the O2 values in check. But I changed it back to 11.5 and it didnt help anything.

So I put my 3.8 back on the car and the tune that worked well is back on the car.

So what did I do or didnt I do. Can you guy give me some sort of direction?

Thanks!

PS- When you add timing you add O2 values?
Also what if I lowered the IFR to lower the 02 values? Would that help any?

I am just at a lost and dont know what to do :dunno:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
No I was hoping I wouldnt have to do that.

I read the how to on wiki tuner and it sounds like a pain in the butt to do.

I was hoping i didnt need to do that.
yeah it is ask edsel, eric, al, and others..... i'm not sayin, i'm just saying...

I think you need to buy a wideband and see where the fueling is really at.
fwiw on my car, with a 11.7afr (wideband) my o2's are .860's....

really dude get a wideband, you wont regret it
true but narrowband tuning can work very well....

how many tuners here do both the VE and MAF tuning with PE disabled ?(ie 100% tps)
after certain work with the riv i noticed something...PE enabled (even stock tps settings) is affecting the proper tuning of the upper maf ranges....

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I am definitely a HUGE fan of hpt but for the most part i only see these problems only with dhp tuning. What's up with that? I can pretty much take a f*cked up tune to a perfect tune in 1-3 attempts without the VE crap everyone does. I never VE tuned my car or anyone's car I've tuned. It's all maf tuning from start to finish besides zero-ing out a couple useless bs tables and some tq management tweaks. Maybe depending on how f-ed up the trims are i'll scale the IFR tables before touching the maf tables. I'm going to SD tune my car :hsugh: but every 5* in temperature change i'll have to re-tune it. :dunno:

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I think you need to buy a wideband and see where the fueling is really at.
I got the wideband.

fwiw on my car, with a 11.7afr (wideband) my o2's are .860's....

really dude get a wideband, you wont regret it

I need to wire the thing up. I havnt quite had time. I am hoping soon. I just wanted to get a head start on tuning. And when I started, i started to step in the right direction and I kept going without using the wideband.

Phat wanna help me install it? 20 bucks?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I am definitely a HUGE fan of hpt but for the most part i only see these problems only with dhp tuning. What's up with that? I can pretty much take a f*cked up tune to a perfect tune in 1-3 attempts without the VE crap everyone does. I never VE tuned my car or anyone's car I've tuned. It's all maf tuning from start to finish besides zero-ing out a couple useless bs tables and some tq management tweaks. Maybe depending on how f-ed up the trims are i'll scale the IFR tables before touching the maf tables. I'm going to SD tune my car :hsugh: but every 5* in temperature change i'll have to re-tune it. :dunno:

maybe its my MS, accel, and fast experience but i've never had a problem with dhp....:dunno:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
10sec do you think I could scale down my ifr table and lean it out a bit?

Nope, reset fuel trims so they're not locking in at 3.12 then you go WOT. They need to be locking in at zero, this way they have no affect on your WOT tuning. I usually reset my fuel trims at the track anyways :bigthumb: The less the computer tries to fuck with my shit the better.

EDIT: typing errors to the max

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
maybe its my MS, accel, and fast experience but i've never had a problem with dhp....:dunno:

x2 with that, excel is the shit and knowing what to do from experience saves a shit load of time. With hpt i can help people from my house, but dhp on the other hand... I h8 scan depot, so the scanner alone is worth every penny. Dhp saves money though since they're open to all cars where as hpt is a $100 a pop, ouch.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
thingy is better than some of the excel sheets....i was able to tune amanda's 01 GA GT
i hate scandepot too but it works well not as nice as the orig csv but meh....i was just showing edsel how to actually use thingy with his hpt....i cant believe he was making manual changes....

Yeah manual maf changes FTL........

I still need to finish my VE tunning, but in normal maf ran mode, long fuel trims are at 0 about 95% of the time..... and that was maybe a total of 150 -200 miles of driving/scanning/adjusting..... so half a tune in less than one tank of gas....not too bad....I'm getting better as the days go on.....

And to the OP, if you were getting KR, why did you drop pulleys, if you've done a good tune, there should be no KR, or you need more supporting mods like my situation was a few days ago.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
And to the OP, if you were getting KR, why did you drop pulleys, if you've done a good tune, there should be no KR, or you need more supporting mods like my situation was a few days ago.

It was very little kr, and I was curious to see what would happen.

And I thought with droppn pulleys that it would lean out the car a lil bit too..

I guess i was wrong

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info