i need an evap vac line hose dealio... anyone got any ideas...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
m90.jpg

like where the red goes... its a u shaped vaccum line, that reduces from about the diameter of a finger, to much smaller in its U...

mine blew off... and then cracked... and now is wrapped with electrical tape and a hose clamp for the time being...

any ideas...

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
pull it all Kev. emissions testing is a joke....i passed with no egr, no cat and a ctot dangling where a cat. shoulda been.

one time i almost failed in the buick because my steel gas cap wasnt sealing...i kindly pointed out the large vent above the cap for my tank. i passed.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
if you do remove the evap make sure its out and everything is capped off. any leak is going to mess with the performance and efficiency.

I had i leak on the fuel tank o-ring and that was throwing my LTFT and STFT numbers way off.

you don't want to cap off the evap line at the tank, or you'll put the tank under vacuum as you burn the gas. Leave that line open, remove all components, and cap off the line at the TB. Remove codes, and done. Works like a champ.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
you don't want to cap off the evap line at the tank, or you'll put the tank under vacuum as you burn the gas. Leave that line open, remove all components, and cap off the line at the TB. Remove codes, and done. Works like a champ.

x2, i have i have the evap line open around the fuel filter. you dont want to cap it off, you'd had no way to relieve the ftp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info