Nitrous question

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
You can run either, 10 secondsomeday runs a dry and e85, but you will need a tuner and a good tune to run a dry setup......A wet setup "can" be run without a tune, but to be honest though, without custom tuning for the system, any Nitrous system is playing with fire

what will need to be tuned?? right now i have an overkill pcm. but i will not send it back to him. ill never get it back. since i kept my stock pcm i guess ill play with that one. but what will need to be changed?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
what will need to be tuned?? right now i have an overkill pcm. but i will not send it back to him. ill never get it back. since i kept my stock pcm i guess ill play with that one. but what will need to be changed?

A lot, Fueling, spark advance, pretty much everything you can change.... 10 secondsomeday, or someone else on here that actually has a nitrous tune could answer that question in a lot more detail than I ever could

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
A lot, Fueling, spark advance, pretty much everything you can change.... 10 secondsomeday, or someone else on here that actually has a nitrous tune could answer that question in a lot more detail than I ever could
your tune needs to be pretty much dead on, pull timing for the spray, i have had sbc's that didnt need timing pulled but the general rule of thumb is 2* per 50hp shot and work your way back...

jet her a bit fat unless yer sure there's no chance that yer bottle pressure doesnt jump too high

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
your tune needs to be pretty much dead on, pull timing for the spray, i have had sbc's that didnt need timing pulled but the general rule of thumb is 2* per 50hp shot and work your way back...

jet her a bit fat unless yer sure there's no chance that yer bottle pressure doesnt jump too high

Your phone sux, all i get is your machine

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
The only problem I have with wet, is the drop in FP when the wet shot happens, you may be getting extra fuel with the nitrous, but your injectors are seeing lower than normal pressures, so you can still have a fueling issue :dunno:
as long as the pump can feed the fuel the pressure drop is for a split second as the fpr seats and then unseats....also one reason why you trigger the fuel solenoid and check pressure drop through a larger jet...if pressure drops drasticly a better FPR and/or pump is needed.

i dont know where the hell my phone is i had it when i went with my pops up to Rohl to see about my classA

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Fuel pump, 1 or 2 steps colder plugs and pull timing for the wet kit. Jet it exactly as the mfg specs. Make sure you get the jet card with the setup, or at least request jetting info from the mfg if its not sent. Running a wideband would be smart too... but its not necessary.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Cutback the ground straps? Whatchumeansir??
small dremel cutof wheel and take the plug's groundstrap and cut it back so that it no longer covers the whole center electrode, i cut it back to just at the edge of the center electrode.... it keeps the groundstrap from getting as hot and becoming a glowplug

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
helped my KR go down..... colder plugs too though so I guess it's not that great of a comparison
i should show ya the rainbowed 104's that came outta the riv...you could tell the bastards were glowing....ever since it's had 103's with the groundstraps cutback...no more rainbowing....btw colder plugs refer to the shorter heatsink distance that the center porcelin and electrode have...colder plugs do not change how hot the groundstraps get...only way to reduce that is to shorten the groundstrap to reduce the heatsink distance for it

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
man all this info is making me think that nitrous isnt going to be a good decision right now. if i tune for the wet kit, what will happen when i dont use the nitrous. this isnt something i plan i using everyday. just once in a while. will i need to retune for when im not spraying?

as for colder plugs, i already have NGK TR6's. what would i need to change to for the nitrous?

will my stock fuel pump work or should i do a rewire or get a better pump?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info