et street radials VS hoosier QTP's----on the street

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
ive found that my goodyear tires just dont cut it anymore on the street. I dont do much street racing, but i like to do street tuning...and it's too dangerous roasting the tires off at 60mph....

im going to use my stock rims, (straight 5 spokes) and throw a set of drag radials on the car. I only drive the car in nice weather, but there is a chance i could get caught in the rain, but im not worried about that

i've ran both sets of tires, and liked them both, but i didnt keep them long. does anyone have any experience for longevity?

im leaning towards the qtp's because they are only 9.5" wide, and they are safe to use with stock rims.....

opinions?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I've driven with my qtp's on from my house in Oswego to RT66. Wasn't bad, i just had them at 42-45psi to keep them "stiff" but it's really goofy turning. The sidewalls are so weak-tastic, but it's possible. I got amazing traction with mine on the street, i honestly think i could cut better 60's on the street than i can at the track. It dead hooks no matter how hard i launch it, i couldn't even do a tiny burnout to get them a little warm it just went :rofl: For the qtp's i'll bet they wear out in less than 1000 miles. The reason i say that is in my neighborhood we have a couple s-turns and after i've gone through them with the qtp's on i noticed visible marks where i drove lol. They'll scrub themselves away before you know it.

Personally i would run the ET streets, those are some sticky ass tires. After i'm done with my qtp's i'm probably going to invest in a set of those instead of a new set of qtp's cause i too want some street traction and need a drag radial that lasts a decent amount of time. I think you can get 8,000 miles out of a set of e.t. streets depending on how you drive but I'm not sure. :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info