Strut/Spring replacement question

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
After 135K, I've decided to finally replace the stock suspension. Yeah, it rides like crap right now.

My intent is to buy everything I need, assemble the strut/spring, and just do a direct swap with whats there now.

So, I have ordered Vogtland Springs, AGX's, LCA's (bushings are toast), Monroe kit 902973 (qty 2. Front strut mount kits), Monroe Kit 902968 and 902969 (rear mount kits), and two new front hubs.

My question is, what else is needed to fully assemble these struts so I can just swap them in.

~Rich

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
naw best bet for that is to maybe shoot bob and voytek an email

Just get a loaner tool spring compressor and swap them out. Why do you want to keep the old ones for?

To complete the strut assembly you need upper and lower spring isolators, spring seat (plastic), and the plastic wedge that lines up the spring to the strut mount.

The isolators are easier to locate than the others b/c you can order them. The plastic pieces are dealer only.

Rich

Regular
Oct 7, 2008
Just get a loaner tool spring compressor and swap them out. Why do you want to keep the old ones for?

To complete the strut assembly you need upper and lower spring isolators, spring seat (plastic), and the plastic wedge that lines up the spring to the strut mount.

The isolators are easier to locate than the others b/c you can order them. The plastic pieces are dealer only.

Its just easier to have a fully loaded strut to install. That way I dont have to rip the car apart, break down the struts, swap parts, then reinstall. Just making my life easy I guess.

I just sourced a set of used complete struts, so my parts search is over.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info